Hometown: Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
Age: 33 Years
|Full Name||Ankit Rajendra Kumar Tiwari|
|Profession(s)||Singer, Music Director, and Composer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Debut||Film (Music Director)- Do Dooni Chaar (2010)
Film (Singer)- 'Saheb Bada Hathila' from the film Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster (2011)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||Filmfare Awards
2014: Best Music Director for Aashiqui 2 (2013)
2014: Best Music Director for Aashiqui 2 (2013)
Mirchi Music Awards
• Upcoming Male Vocalist of the Year for Aashiqui 2 - "Sunn Raha Hai"
• Upcoming Music Composer of the Year for Aashiqui 2
• Album of the Year for Aashiqui 2
Note: He has many more accolades to his name.
|Date of Birth||6 March 1986 (Thursday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||33 Years|
|Birthplace||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||Jugal Devi Saraswati Vidya Mandir, Kanpur|
|Food Habit||Vegetarian Today Parenting Team|
|Hobbies||Swimming, Cycling, Playing PlayStation, and Cooking|
|Controversies||• On 8 May 2014, he was arrested in Versova, Mumbai for allegedly raping his girlfriend on many occasions in 2012 and 2013 with the promise of marriage. She also accused Ankit's brother of threatening her. In January 2015, Ankit claimed in a petition filed before the Bombay High Court that the complainee women agreed to amicably settle the matter. In April 2017, Ankit and his brother were released from all charges by the Court, as the prosecution was unable to prove them guilty. Indian Express
• In July 2018, Vinod Kambli and his wife assaulted Ankit Tiwari's father in Mumbai mall. When the CCTV footage of the mall was checked, all the allegations turned out to be false. India.com
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||23 February 2018
|Wife/Spouse||Pallavi Shukla (Mechanical Engineer)
|Children||Daughter- Aryaa Tiwari
|Parents||Father- Rajendra Kumar Tiwari (Devotional Singer)
Mother- Suman Tiwari (Devotional Singer)
|Siblings||Brother- Ankur Tiwari (Music Composer)
|Food||Kashmiri Dum Aloo, Gulab Jamun, Rajma Chawal, and Gajar Ka Halwa|
|Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Singer(s)||R. D. Burman, KK, Kishore Kumar, A. R. Rahman, and Ricky Martin|
|Music-Director(s)||Laxmikant-Pyarelal and Madan Mohan|
|Song(s)||"Chupke Se" from Saathiya (2002), "Dard Mein" from The Train (2007), "Maula Mere Maula" from Anwar (2007), "Zara Si" from Jannat (2008), "Haan Tu Hai" from Jannat (2008)|
|Restaurant||The Dhaba in Mumbai|
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 6-7 lakh/song Daily Hunt|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ankit Tiwari
- Does Ankit Tiwari smoke?: No Today Parenting Team
- Does Ankit Tiwari alcohol?: No Today Parenting Team
- Ankit Tiwari is a well-known playback singer of India.
- Ankit was born into a middle-class Brahmin family.
- His parents own a band called “Raju Suman and Party,” and they perform at religious events.
- At the age of 3, he began his training in playing dholak and tabla under his grandfather, KN Tiwari.
- When he turned 5, his parents saw his singing potential and enrolled him in a music school, where he received singing training from Dada Sen and Shankar Lal Bhatt.
- He has also received classical music training from Vinod Kumar Dwivedi, where he used to practice for around 12 hours a day.
- His first job was as a ‘production head’ at a radio station ‘Radio Chaska’ in Gwalior.
- In 2008, he moved to Mumbai with his brother, and they used to stay with their uncle, Anuj Kumar Trivedi, a Virar-based cameraman.
- He used to compose jingles and background music for TV shows before getting a break as a music composer in ‘Do Dooni Chaar’ (2010).
- He wanted to become a music composer and never thought of singing professionally. It was Tigmanshu Dhulia who saw a great singer in him and suggested him to sing professionally.
- He almost lost hopes of becoming a singer while he was struggling in Mumbai; as he was rejected by many music-directors and was frequently cheated by not getting credit for his work.
- The tables turned for him when Mahesh Bhatt heard him singing, and later, gave him an opportunity to sing in ‘Aashiqui 2’ (2013), where he sang and composed the superhit song “Sunn Raha Hai.”
- Some of his chartbuster songs are ‘Tu Hai Ki Nahi’ from Roy (2015), ‘Dil Cheez Tujhe Dedi’ from Airlift (2016), and ‘Tere Liye’ from Sanam Re (2016).
- He has worked as a music director and lent his voice for various Bollywood films including PK (2014), Khamoshiyan (2015), Tum Bin 2 (2016), and Sadak 2 (2020).
- Apart from singing, he is trained in piano and Dhrupad. He has also got professional training in Western vocals.
- He is the co-owner of ‘Brotherhood Entertainment Pvt Ltd,’ a celebrity management and film production company.
- It was his grandmother, who chose a life partner for him. In 2017, when his grandmother was travelling from Kanpur to Delhi via train, she met Pallavi Shukla, and during the conversation with her, she found that she would make an ideal match for his grandson.
- He has featured in the music videos like Badtameez (2016), Mehbooba (2018), and Tere Do Naina (2019).
- On 19 January 2019, he was awarded a doctorate degree by the Victoria Global University, USA at its 18th convocation held at Rusian Cultural Center.
References/Sources: [ + ]