Hometown: New Delhi
Age: 54 Years
Wife: Anju Agarwal
|Famous For||Being the Co-founder and Managing Director (MD) of Micromax|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Date of Birth||22 February 1965|
|Age (as in 2019)||54 Years|
|College/University||Institute of Engineering, Calcutta|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Technology in Electrical Engineering|
|Address||He resides in Sarswati Vihar, near Pitampura, New Delhi|
|Hobbies||Playing Cricket, Volleyball, and Table Tennis|
|Awards||In 2015, Rajesh Agarwal received the Supply Chain Initiative of the Year award for Micromax Informatics Ltd from FSC|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Satya Kishore Agarwal
Mother- Shakuntala Agarwal
|Favourite Sports||Cricket, Volleyball, Table Tennis|
|Favourite Travel Destination||Europe|
|Favourite Book||"Swim with the Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive" by Harvey Mackay|
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Song||"Chitthi Aayi Hai" (Naam, 1986)|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rajesh Agarwal
- Rajesh Agarwal is the co-founder of Managing Director of Micromax.
- Before Micromax, Rajesh Agarwal worked as a customer support engineer at Pertech Computers Limited and Universal Computers.
- He sold his Maruti 800 to collect collateral of Rs. 80,000 in order to establish Micromax Informatics Ltd.
- Mr. Agarwal’s success mantra is- ”Teamwork divides responsibilities and multiplies growth.”
- He was primarily responsible to secure an investment worth nearly Rs. 400 crores from Sequoia Capital, Sandstone Capital, and TA Associates.
- Rajesh Agarwal considers Warren Buffett as his biggest inspiration and prefers to read about successful leaders and their ideologies for inspiration.
- Travelling, outdoor sports, and exploring different cultures form a large part of his life.
- Rajesh Agarwal was a finalist of the E&Y Entrepreneur of the Year award in 2010.
- Rajesh Agarwal believes that a Vaishno Devi Coin is his biggest lucky charm and he has been carrying it in his purse for 20 years.
- According to Rajesh Agarwal, his wife, Anju, has been a constant pillar of strength and support in his bad times.