|Full Name||Salil Satish Parekh|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1. 75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Date of Birth||1 May 1965|
|Age (as in 2017)||52 Years|
|Birth Place||Not Known|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|College/University||Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
|Educational Qualification(s)||B-Tech (Aeronautical Engineering)
Master of Engineering (Computer Science and Mechanical Engineering)
|Family||Father- Satish Parekh
Mother- Name Not Known
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Hobbies||Reading & Writing|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Children||Sons- 3 (Name Not Known)
Daughter- Not Known
|Salary (As MD & CEO of Infosys)||35 crore/Year (INR)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Salil Parekh
- Does Salil Parekh smoke?: Not Known
- Does Salil Parekh drink Alcohol?: No
- Salil Parekh is graduated from IIT Bombay and completed his Master’s Degree from New York, USA.
- He has around 30 years of experience with Service based companies and this was one of the factors, which made him the strongest candidate to be the CEO of leading IT Company Infosys.
- After Vishal Sikka, he became the second CEO in Infosys who was not earlier been the part of Infosys co-founders list.
- Before joining Infosys, he has been a part of major IT Company called ‘Capgemini’ for more than 25 years. He was responsible for overseeing a business cluster comprising of Application Services and Cloud Infrastructure Services.
- He had also worked with Ernst & Young’s in its consultancy division.
- In 2018, when the Board of Infosys decided to give him an annual salary of 35 crores (fixed pay of 6.5 crores and other allowances including variable pay of 9.5 crores and equities), the news of his salary started doing rounds in the media as they started comparing his salary with the former CEO of Infosys Vishal Sikka.
- Here is the video of an interview by Salil Parekh talking About his Entrepreneurial journey.
- In May 2022, Salil was reappointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director (MD) of Infosys for a five-year term ending March 2027.