|Full Name||Sunjay J Kapur Facebook|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Date of Birth||15 October 1965 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||55 Years|
|School(s)||• The Doon School, Dehradun, Uttarakhand (1984-1990)
• The Cathedral & John Connon School, Mumbai (1990)
|College/University||• University of Buckingham, England
• Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Massachusetts
• Harvard Business School, Boston, Massachusetts
|Educational Qualification(s)||• BBA in Corporate Strategy & Human Resource Management (1993-1995)
• Birthing of Giants Program (Executive Education) (2003-2006)
• Owner President Management Program (Executive Education) (2011-2013)
|Religion||Sikhism The Bridal Box|
|Controversy||In an interview, Karisma Kapoor accused Sunjay and his mother for torturing her and physically abusing her. She shared that she was a victim of domestic violence. She further said that Sunjay aksed her to spend a night with his friends while they were on their honeymoon. Karisma refused it, and Sunjay physically assaulted her for not agreeing to his demands. IB Times English Jagran|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Nandita Mahtani (Fashion Designer)
• Karisma Kapoor (Actor)
• Priya Sachdeva (Businesswoman)
|Marriage Date||• First Marriage- Year 2002
• Second Marriage- 29 September 2003
• Third Marriage- 13 April 2017
|Marriage Place||• Second Marriage- Krishna Raj Bungalow, in Mumbai
• Third Marriage- The NoMad Hotel in New York (reception)
|Wife/Spouse||• First Wife- Nandita Mahtani (divorced)
• Second Wife- Karisma Kapoor (divorced on 13 June 2016)
• Third Wife- Priya Sachdeva
• Samaira Kapoor (born on 11 March 2005; with Karisma Kapoor)
• Safira (step-daughter; Priya Sachdeva and Vikram Chatwal's daughter)
• Kiaan Kapoor (born on 12 March 2010; with Karisma Kapoor)
• Azarius Kapur (born in December 2018; with Priya Sachdeva)
|Parents||Father- Dr. Surinder Kapur (Founder of Sona Group)
Mother- Rani Kapur
|Siblings||Sister(s)- Suparna and Mandira|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sunjay Kapur
- Sunjay Kapur is an Indian businessman who hails from Delhi.
- After completing his graduation in 2003, joined his father’s automotive company Sona Somic Lemforder Components Ltd., Gurgaon, as CEO.
- He joined Sixt, India – Sona Mobility Services Ltd. in January 2006 as a chairman.
- He was appointed as the global chairman at ‘The Entrepreneurs’ organization in June 2007, and in October 2008, he joined ‘Sona Koyo Steering Systems Ltd,’ an automotive company in Gurgaon, as a chairman.
- Later, he was appointed as the Managing Director at Sona BLW Precision Forgings Ltd., CEO at Sona Group, and Chairman at Sona Comstar.
- After the birth of his son Kiaan, his wife Karisma Kapoor moved to her mother’s house with her children. After that she never returned to Sunjay, and they got divorced on 13 June 2016. In the alimony, Sunjay gave Karisma his father’s house in Khar and bonds worth Rs. 14 crores for the children. Newsable Asianet News
- In an interview, Karisma accused him of having an extra-marital affair with Priya Sachdeva, and she said that even after their marriage, Sunjay had physical relationship with his first wife. As per a leading newspaper, Karisma said,
Karisma has also told the guardians of the law that Sunjay, Priya and Priya’s daughter Safira frequently go to exotic destinations for holidays and even post pictures of those vacations on Instagram. She cannot tolerate such blasphemy and audacity. It’s a matter of self-respect, and Karisma has it.” India.com
- On the other side, according to an Indian newspaper, Sunjay’s allegations on Karisma were,
Marrying him for money in a calculated and clinical manner, Marrying him on the rebound after her breakup with Abhishek Bachchan, Failing not only as a wife and daughter-in-law but also as a mother, Using their kids as “pawns” and didn’t let them meet the Kapur family to claim more money, Cruelly depriving” his ailing father of meeting his grandchildren. He passed away six months back “while pining for them, Using her PR team to show Sunjay as a cheating husband and his family in a bad light, and Choosing her career over family and refusing to live in Delhi (at his place) even when he pleaded her to come back many a time.” Catch News
- He loves to play polo, and he used to participate in various sports activities while he was in school and college.
- In his leisure time, Kapur loves to read, travel, and spend time with his close friends and family.
- He was appointed as the Board of Governor at IPSS The Doon School, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, in December 2020.
- Sunjay has been featured on the cover page of various business magazines such as Manufacturing Today and Machinist.
- Reportedly, once his ex-wife Nandita Mahtani was dating the famous Indian actor Ranbir Kapoor. One Shot One Place
- His ex-wives, Karisma Kapoor and Nandita Mahtani are good friends with each other.
- He has approached the CNBC Awaaz news channel to start a business magnate hunt show, ‘Masterpreneur’ (2013).