Profession: Media Professional
|Nickname(s)||Anu Bela Kotwani – Instagram|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• L’Oréal Paris Super Achiever – Wonder Woman Award 2023
• South Asia Agency Head of the Year title at Campaign Asia 2022
• Ranked #25 on the list of ‘Impact Top 50 Influential Women’ of 2022, in media, marketing, and advertising
• Ranked #47 on the list of ‘Impact Top 50 Influential Women’ in 2019
• Won an award in the category of ‘Women To Watch Out For'
|Date of Birth||11 January|
|Age (as of 2022)||Not Known|
|College/University||Government Law College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor of Legislative Law (LLB) at Government Law College, Mumbai (1988-1991) LinkedIn – Anita Kotwani
• B.Com (Hons) YourStory
|Hobbies||Watch films, Do shopping, Gamble in casinos, Watch cricket
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Parents||Father- Jhamatmal Kotwani
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Rakesh Kotwani (holds directorships in the private limited companies Sja Properties, Diagnostix Computer Clinic, and Kidsology Educare)
Sister- Bela Kotwani (enterprenuer; Co-Founder of The ABCD Show, CEO at Angel Bear Yoga, CEO & Principal at Cosmikids International, and Co-founder of Puppet Maestros)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anita Kotwani
- Anita Kotwani is an Indian media professional who was appointed as the CEO of Media South Asia at the Public relations company Dentsu India in March 2023. Previously, she worked for the media companies Lintas Media Group, Mindshare India, and Carat India.
- Anita used to play tennis during her college days.
- Her career began when she became a part of Stratagem Media in Mumbai.
- In October 1999, she assumed the role of Senior Media Planner for the Dainik Bhaskar Group. During her time there, she played a crucial role in introducing their products to the Chandigarh and Haryana markets, adopting the successful Day 1 subscription model previously used in Gujarat and Rajasthan. Her main responsibilities included providing sales strategy support, conducting data analysis, and training the sales team to meet management’s targets.
- In October 2000, he started working as a Director at Lintas Media Group (known as Initiative Media at that time). She worked in this capacity till October 2004. At Lintas Media Group, her responsibilities involved managing the Levers business, which entailed overseeing the hair oil and oral care category for well-known brands such as Nihar hair oil and Aim toothpaste. Later, she took on the role of handling new business development at SSC&B Lintas.
- In June 2004, she joined the media company Mindshare, where she held the position of Leader of Client Leadership at Mindshare West. She led the West zone until March 2018 during which she focused on strengthening client relationships. Under her leadership, Mindshare received the Campaign India-South Asia Engagement/Strategy Planner of the Year 2015 award. Additionally, she was part of the Mindshare team that won the Media Agency of the Year Award at the Dainik Bhaskar Awards in 2016.
- Following her successful leadership in the West zone for 13 years, she assumed the position of Senior Vice President New Business at Mindshare India in April 2018, holding this role until May 2020. In 2019, Anita, along with Zubin and Ashutosh, received recognition for their outstanding work and won Campaign Asia-Pacific’s New Business Development Team of the Year (South Asia) award for Mindshare India.
- Starting from June 2020 until March 2023, she served as the Chief Executive Officer at Carat India, a prominent Media & Marketing Agency. Following that, in March 2023, she was appointed as the CEO of Media South Asia at the Public Relations company Dentsu. She took over from Divya Karani, who had been with the company for more than 10 years. In her new role, Kotwani is responsible for overseeing all media businesses across South Asia, which includes Carat, iProspect, Dentsu X, Posterscope, and the media investment arm, Amplifi.
- Anita has served as a judge and jury for various new-age media awards like EMVIEs, Goafest, Kyoorius Awards, and Goa Fest’s Media ABBY Awards. She was the jury chair for Goa Fest’s Media ABBY Awards for 2 consecutive years.
- Her favourite food includes popcorn, vada pav, and poha.