|Famous Role||'Lalit Prasad (Lalloo)' in the TV serial "Hum Log" (1984)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Debut||Film: Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro (1983) as 'Kamdar'
TV: Hum Log (1984) as 'Lalit Prasad (Lalloo)'
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School||Harcourt Butler Senior Secondary School, New Delhi|
|College/University||• University of Delhi
• National School of Drama, Delhi
|Educational Qualification||• Graduate
• A course in acting
|Hobbies||Reading, Travelling, Cooking|
|Relationships & More|
Daughter- Prakriti Puri
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rajesh Puri
- Rajesh Puri is an Indian actor and director who works in films, TV serials, and stage plays.
- He grew up in New Delhi.
- When Puri was in the National School of Drama, he started participating in plays.
- In 1983, he bagged the role of ‘Kamdar’ in the comedy film “Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro.”
- He gained huge popularity by playing the role of ‘Lalit Prasad (Lalloo)’ in the TV serial “Hum Log.” The serial is India’s first-ever TV serial.
- Subsequently, he appeared in the TV serial “Buniyaad” (1986).
- Thereafter, he featured in films like “Diljalaa” (1987), “Dil” (1990), “Deedar” (1992), “Phool Aur Angaar” (1993), and “Dilwale” (1994).
- He has appeared in many TV serials including “Yeh Duniya Ghazab Ki” (1990’s), “Ek Se Badh Kar Ek” (1995), “Shakti – Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki” (2019), and “Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki” (2018).
- In addition to films and TV serials, Puri has also worked in many stage plays like “Golmaal- The Play” and “Wrong Number.
- In 2019, he enacted the role of ‘Narad’ in India’s biggest Ramleela at the Red Fort in Delhi.
- Rajesh has a good command over five languages- Hindi, English, Punjabi, Bhojpuri, and Rajasthani.
- He has a deep faith in Lord Ganesha.
- As of 2020, he has worked in as many as 500 plays and 130 films.
- Rajesh is not yet satisfied with his work in films and TV serials. During an interview he said,
I think it is deeply problematic for an artiste when his talent is not used as much as it should be. I’ve done over 130 films and still haven’t found a role that fits my caliber.”
He further added,
While I don’t condone any of my work on the big screen, I honestly feel I can truly do much more complicated and varied roles, and my work in theater is testimony to that. It doesn’t even matter if the role of my character is merely for 15 minutes, my character should be able to move the audience in an inexplicable way.”