Death Date: 22/08/2023
Death Cause: Jaundice
|Name Earned||DJ King|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Last Song||Aapse Milke Yaara Humko Acha Laga (2023, Punjabi)
|Date of Birth||5 September 1983 (Sunday)|
|Birthplace||Rawatsar, Hanumangarh, Rajasthan|
|Date of Death||23 August 2023|
|Place of Death||Hisar, Haryana|
|Age (at the time of death)||40 Years|
|Death Cause||Jaundice Hindustan Times|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Marriage Date||24 November|
Note: Photo in 'Wife' section.
|Parents||Names Not Known
|Singer||Hans Raj Hans|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Raju Punjabi
- Raju Punjabi was an Indian singer. He was known for singing fun pop and traditional Haryanvi songs. His most popular Haryanvi songs include ‘Desi Desi Na Bolya Kar,’ ‘Solid Body,’ ‘Sandal,’ and ‘Aacha Lage Se.’
- He wanted to become a singer since childhood. He started performing on stage during his college days.
- At the beginning of his career, he used to sing Punjabi songs. However, later, he began singing Haryanvi songs and became popular.
- In 2013, he released the Haryanvi song ‘Yaar Dobara Nhi Milne.’ In an interview, he revealed that it was his first Haryanvi song that was played on DJ.
- Raju Punjabi collaborated with Sapna Chaudhary for the song ‘Solid Body.’ The song was well received by the audience and also proved to be the breakthrough for Raju’s career.
- He later did various superhit songs with Sapna Chaudhary such as ‘Sweety’ (2016),’ ‘Laad Piya Ke’ (2017), ‘Tu cheez Lajawab’ (2018), ‘Teri Hawa Kasuti Se’ (2020) and ‘Jalebi’ (2020).
- He, along with popular Haryanvi singer KD, made a guest appearance on the Punjabi talk show ‘KhoruPanti News With Lakha’ (2019), which aired on Balle Balle TV.
- In September 2022, he released the Haryanvi music video ‘Golu Molu,’ featuring his younger daughter Nobita.
- He sang many songs for the Haryanvi web series ‘Chaudhar’ (2023).
- He sang various Haryanvi songs including ‘Desi Desi Na Bolya Kar’ (2017), ‘Mithi Boli’ (2017), ‘Sandal’ (2017), ‘Desi Brand’ (2022) ‘Desiyan Ka Garh’ (2023) ‘Peg Neet’ (2023), and ‘Chand Chakori’ (2023).
- Besides pop and folk songs, Raju Punjabi also sang many devotional tracks dedicated to Lord Shiva. Some of these songs include ‘Mahadev Moh Liya,’ ‘Bhole Teri Nagari Meh,’ ‘Bam Bam Bol,’ and ‘Bhole Baba.’
- In addition to singing, he was also interested in acting.
- In an interview, when he was asked about the story behind his last name ‘Punjabi,’ he explained that during his college days, he used to sing Punjabi songs because of this he was called ‘Punjabi’ by his friends and teachers. The nickname later turned into his official last name.
- He shared a close bond with the well-known Haryanvi singer KD.
- On 22 August 2023, he passed away due to jaundice in a private hospital in Hisar. He had been in the hospital for about 10 days. According to some reports, he was discharged after getting better, however; later his health worsened, and he had to be readmitted to the hospital where he took his last breath. His last rites took place at his hometown, Rawatsar, Hanumangarh, Rajasthan.