|Real Name||Sumit Bhardwaj|
|Profession||Singer, Model, Music Video Director|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 14 inches
|Date of Birth||15 January|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Dagshai Public School|
|Hobbies||Travelling and Photography|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||28 February 2012|
|Wife/Spouse||Smita Walia Bhardwaj
|Children||Son- Neel Bhardwaj
Daughter- Not Known
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Favourite Quotes||I Will, I Can|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Ranveer Singh, Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Director of Photography||Ashok Mehta|
|Favourite Music Video Director||Colin Tilley (American)|
|Car Collection||Audi A3
Some Lesser Known Facts About SB-The Haryanvi
- Sumit Bhardwaj is the man behind popular songs such as Angreji Beat, Gabru, Mere Rashke Qamar, SWAT, Tequila Shot, and Soorma among others.
- He entered the music industry in the year 2000. Soon, he became a DOP (director of photography) in 2003.
- While working as a DOP, Sumit got inspired by the work of Ashok Mehta; one of the most renowned DOPs in India.
- Talking about his experience as a DOP, Sumit says-
By 2008, I had already shot more than 2,000 videos as a DOP, but then my ratio of good videos vs bad videos was strangely odd. Out of the 2,000 videos I had worked for, my favourites were just 10-12. So I though I’d direct my own stuff, because as a DOP I cannot change the concept, but when I’m directing I can control everything as per my ideas.”
- When Sumit came with the song “Angrezi Beat,” he broke the stereotype of Punjabi music videos which boast of fancy locations and feature branded clothes and cars. Talking about Angrezi beat, Sumit says-
I presented Gippy Grewal and Yo Yo Honey Singh for the first time in desi look in ‘Angreji Beat’. Before that, they were always seen in fancy locations driving expensive cars… No one had ever thought of seeing these stars riding a Chetak scooter!”
- In an interview, Sumit revealed that during the period of 2008-2011, he used to do 12-15 music videos a month. Thereafter, he started reducing the number of music videos to six videos a month, and finally, to just two videos a month.
- Talking about his stint as a Haryanvi singer, Sumit says-
While my mother is from Punjab, my father is from Haryana. My family members came up with the idea that I should do something in Haryanvi. They said, ‘you’ve done quite a lot of good projects for Punjab, why don’t you do something for Haryana?’. So I thought of going ahead with the idea, and four to five years back we launched three of my songs in Hariyanvi.”
- Sumit says that she wasn’t interested in singing; however, he didn’t find any suitable artist to sing in his first Haryanvi video song “Gaadi,” so, he decided to give a try in singing, and the first song ‘Gaadi’ got over one million views. With this song, now, Sumit goes by the name ‘SB-The Haryanvi.’
- After the success of “Gaadi” song, Sumit got an opportunity to do shows with Sunny Deol, Dharmendra, Sharry Mann, Garry Sandhu, Jassi Gill, and Neha Kakkar.
- Asking about his favourite music videos in recent days, Sumit chooses ‘Sama hai suhana suhana’ with Mika Singh.
- Sumit has also shot a video for the Meet Brothers and Bohemia in Mumbai.
- Sharing his future plans, Sumit says-
I’m planning to move to Bollywood now, and I’d definitely want to work with SRK, Salman, and of course Ranveer Singh. But I’ll never leave music videos – it’s my passion, my food. I want to direct films, and commercial ad films, but no serials, documentaries or short films.”