Rakesh Verma (IAS) Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
Age: 50 Years
Education: B.Tech In Computer Science And Engineering
Wife: Ashoo Verma
|Full name||Rakesh Kumar Verma Tourism Breaking News|
|Nickname||RK Verma Twitter- Rakesh Verma|
|Profession||Civil Servant (IAS Officer)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Service||Indian Administrative Service (IAS)|
|Major Designation(s)||• Deputy Commissioner of Kapurthala, Punjab (March 2002- April 2015)
• Director of Department of Transport (May 2005- November 2005)
• Director of Department of Technical Education (December 2005- March 2006)
• Deputy Commissioner of Patiala, Punjab (April 2006- April 2007)
• Managing Director at Punjab ICT Corporation (Punjab Infotech) (April 2007- July 2012)
• Commissioner of Municipal Corporation, Ludhiana (July 2012- September 2013)
• Secretary at Medical and Research, Chandigarh (July 2014- September 2014))
• Secretary at Technical Education and Industrial Training, Chandigarh (January 2014- December 2020)
• Joint Secretary at the Ministry of Tourism Government of India (2020- Present)
|Date of Birth||25 April 1971 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||50 Years|
|Birthplace||Barabanki, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Barabanki, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|School||He did his schooling in Uttar Pradesh.|
|College/University||Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (1988-1992) LinkedIn- Rakesh Verma|
|Address (Office)||Room No. 119, Transport Bhawan, 1, Parliament Street, New Delhi – 110001|
|Relationships & More|
|Children||He has one son and one daughter.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rakesh Verma
- Rakesh Verma is an Indian Administrative Officer.
- He grew up in a middle-class family in Barabanki, Uttar Pradesh.
- Rakesh was good at studies since childhood and always wanted to serve the country.
- After completing his graduation, Rakesh appeared for the UPSC examination. He cleared the examination in 1993, becoming a 1993 batch IAS Officer of Punjab cadre.
- Rakesh went for his training on 5 September 1993.
- After completing his training successfully, Rakesh was appointed as the Deputy Commissioner of the Kapurthala district in Punjab in March 2002. He served as the Deputy Commissioner of Kapurthala for around 3 years.
- He then worked as a Director of the Department of Transport from May 2005 to December 2005.
- Subsequently, he was appointed as the Director of the Department of Technical Education (December 2005).
- In April 2006, Rakesh became the Deputy Commissioner of the Patiala district of Punjab. He served the post till April 2007.
- Thereafter, he joined Punjab ICT Corporation (Punjab Infotech) as a Managing Director.
- Verma became the Commissioner of Municipal Corporation of Ludhiana, Punjab, in July 2012.
- In 2013, he was appointed as the Secretary of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh.
- He then held the post of the Secretary of Technical Education & Industrial Training for around 7 years (2014-2020).
- Rakesh was appointed as the Joint Secretary at the Ministry of Tourism Government of India in 2020. He was appointed for a period of five years or until further orders, whichever is earlier. He succeeded B Suman, a 1996-batch officer of Kerala cadre.
- At one point in time, he also held the position of Principal Secretary, Department of Science, Technology & Environment, Government of Punjab.
- In his spare time, he likes to read books and spend time with his family.
- His pay band when he joined the Indian Administrative Services in 1993 was Rs. 67000- Rs. 79000.
- In 2019, Rakesh launched the Innovation and Technology Summit as a part of the Mission Innovate Punjab. On 1 November 2019, a press conference was held by Rakesh at The Lalit, Chandigarh, to share the details of the mission.
- In 2020, Verma was a part of the ITB Berlin 2020 with a delegation of around 49 exhibitors which was led by Prahlad Singh Patel, Minister of State (I/C), Tourism and Culture.
|↑1||Tourism Breaking News|
|↑2||Twitter- Rakesh Verma|
|↑3||LinkedIn- Rakesh Verma|