Shubham Gupta (IAS) Age, Girlfriend, Family, Biography & More
Education: M.A. In Economics
Age: 28 Years
|Profession||Civil Servant (IAS Officer)|
|Current Designation (as of 2021)||Assistant Collector at Nashik (Government of Maharashtra)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Citation Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Service||Indian Administrative Service (IAS)|
|Major Designation(s)||• Officer Trainee at National Academy of Audit and Accounts, Shimla (2017-2018)
• Assistant Accountant General in Jaipur, Rajasthan (2018-2019)
• Officer Trainee at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration, Mussoorie (2019-2020)
• Assistant Collector at Nashik (Government of Maharashtra) (2020-Present)
|Date of Birth||11 August 1993 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||28 Years|
|Birthplace||Jaipur, Rajasthan, India|
|Hometown||Jaipur, Rajasthan, India|
|School||• He did his elementary schooling from Jaipur.
• Shree Swaminarayan Gurukul, Chala, Vapi, Gujarat
|College/University||Delhi College of Arts and Commerce, Delhi University|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• B.A. (Hons.) in Economics (2012-2015)
• M.A. in Economics (2015-2017) LinkedIn- Shubham Gupta
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Anil Gupta (Businessman)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Krishna Gupta (Entrepreneur)
Sister- Bhagyashree Gupta (Chartered Accountant)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shubham Gupta
- Shubham Gupta is an IAS officer of the 2019 batch of Maharashtra cadre.
- He is serving as the Assistant Collector at Nashik (as of 2021).
- Shubham grew up in a middle-class family in Jaipur.
- While Shubham was in school (class 7), his family shifted to Dahanu, a small village in Maharashtra, to financial instability.
- As Dahanu had no English or Hindi medium schools, Shubham’s father enrolled him and his sister in Shree Swaminarayan Gurukul, Chala, Vapi, Gujarat. The school was far away from their home and the brother-sister duo used to travel on trains to their school and back home.
- In Maharashtra, his father opened a small shoe shop and Shubham used to help his father in the shop after his school hours.
- Although he helped his father with the shop after school, Shubham never compromised with his studies. He used to carry his books to the shop and study there whenever he got the free time.
- After he scored good marks in class 10, his friends and teachers suggested him to pursue Science further. However, he was inclined towards commerce and decided to pursue it.
- After passing class 12, Shubham relocated to Delhi and wanted to get himself enrolled in Delhi’s Shri Ram College of Commerce. However, he could not get a seat there.
- In 2015, Shubham appeared for the UPSC preliminary examination for the first time but could not clear it.
- The next year, he again attempted the UPSC examination and cleared all the three exams- Prelims, Mains, and Interview, achieving an AIR 366.
- Subsequently, he was placed under the Indian Audit and Accounts Services and while he was on his training period in Shimla, Shubham again appeared for the examination (third time) in 2017 but could not clear it.
- From December 2018 to August 2019, Shubham worked as an Assistant Accountant General in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- In 2018, he made his fourth attempt for the UPSC examination and bagged an All India Rank (AIR) 6.
- In the 2018 UPSC examination, Shubham chose ‘Law’ as the optional subject.
- His medium for attempting the UPSC examination was ‘English.’
- He was assigned to the Maharashtra cadre of the 2019 batch and was sent to the training at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration, Mussoorie.
- In May 2020, Shubham was appointed as an Assistant Collector at Nashik (Government of Maharashtra).
- In his spare time, Gupta loves to collect and read non-fiction books, biographies, and autobiographies.
- He loves watching and playing sports like cricket and tennis.
- In an interview, Shubham revealed that driving worked as a stress buster for him.
- His father motivated him to become an IAS officer when he was in class-5. Talking about it in an interview, Shubham said,
I was in 5th Standard. My father came to me and said that he wants me to become a collector one day. So, I asked him ‘Who is a Collector?’. That incident made an impression in my mind and when I was in 11th standard then I realized that this aspiration of becoming an IAS Officer would help me in achieving my goals.”
- He receives his inspiration from his father. Talking about it in an interview, he said,
My Role model is my Father because he has struggled a lot in his life. Many times he has faced financial crunch and hit the rock bottom but still, he managed to recover and bring balance to our life. His ‘Never Say Die Spirit’ really inspires me a lot.”
- He loves dogs and often posts pictures with dogs on his Instagram account.
- He has been invited as a chief guest by various NGOs many times.
|↑2||LinkedIn- Shubham Gupta|