Some Lesser Known Facts About Ram Chander Chhatrapati
- Did Ram Chander Chhatrapati smoke:? Not Known
- Did Ram Chander Chhatrapati drink alcohol:? Not Known
- He was the publisher of “Poora Sach,” a local Hindi-language eveninger in Sirsa, Haryana.
- He had allegedly published a letter of a ‘sadhvi’ in May 2002 levelling charges of sexual exploitation against Dera Sacha Sauda Chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim. He was the first journalist who had published that anonymous letter. Thereafter, Ram Chander allegedly received threat calls.
- On the basis of the letter, that was published in his eveninger, the Punjab and Haryana High Court ordered a probe on 24 September 2002, after seeking a report from the District and Sessions Judge, Sirsa.
- On 24 October 2002, Chhatrapati was shot at point-blank range outside his residence by the two Dera-carpenters, Nirmal Singh and Kuldeep Singh. Ram Chander died on 21 November 2002 at the Apollo Hospital in New Delhi.
- Both the accused had tried to escape, but Kuldeep was apprehended by a constable.
- A sword and a revolver were seized from the petitioner Nirmal Singh later. During the investigation, it was revealed that the revolver belonged to Krishan Lal.
- In January 2003, his son and successor as proprietor of the local eveninger, Anshul Chhatrapati had petitioned the High Court for a CBI investigation against Gurmeet Ram Rahim.
- In July 2007, the CBI filed a charge sheet against Gurmeet Ram Rahim.
- In November 2014, the conclusion of Evidence Presentation was made along with another case related to the murder of Ranjit Singh, brother of one of the Dera Sadhwis (women Dera followers) who had filed an F.I.R. against Gurmeet Ram Rahim for raping her.
- The review of Ram Chander Chhatrapati Murder Case was concluded in the same CBI special court at Panchkula that found Gurmeet Ram Rahim guilty of rape on August 25, 2017.
- Here’s the complete story about Ram Chander Chhatrapati’s murder case:
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡