|Nickname(s)||Shooter Dadi, Revolver Dadi|
|Famous For||Being the oldest Sharpshooter of India|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||•Senior Citizen – National Award
•HT Woman 2017
•Shram Shakti Award
•100 Women Achiever Award
|Date of Birth||1932|
|Age (as in 2018)||87 Years|
|Hometown||Village Johri, Bagpat District, Uttar Pradesh|
|Caste||Jat (Kshatriya Rajput) The Better India|
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son-3 (Names Not Known)
Daughter-3 (Names Not Known)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chandro Tomar
- Does Chandro Tomar smoke?: Not Known
- Does Chandro Tomar drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Chandro hails from a family with an agricultural background.
- She got married when she was just 15 years old.
- Tomar did not receive any formal education but she is fast in grasping English.
- Chandro never planned a career in sharpshooting. Her granddaughter, Shefali, wanted to learn shooting and Chandro used to accompany her to the Johri Rifle Club. One day when Shefali was unable to load the rifle, then, Tomar helped her and made a shot at the target hitting the bull’s eye. The club’s coach, Farooq Pathan, noticed this and advised Chandro to take training in sharp shooting.
- Tomar participated for the first time in the North Zone Championship and stood second.
- In her career, she has won more than 30 national championships.
- In 2016, Tomar won a bronze medal at her last competition in Delhi.
- Since 2016, she has been coaching youngsters, addressing gatherings, and inaugurating various sports institutions.
- Chandro has appeared in various TV shows like Satyamev Jayate, India Got Talent, and History TV’s OMG! Ye Mera India.
- she has 6 children and 15 grandchildren. Tomar lives in a joint family of 40 persons.
- Her, granddaughter, Shefali Tomar, is an international shooter.
- Her niece, Seema, is the first Indian woman shooter to win a medal at the Rifle and Pistol World Cup in 2010.
- Her sister-in-law, Prakashi Tomar, is also a sharpshooter and has won various competitions along with her.
- When someone questioned her about people getting scared of her, Chandro told that Robbers no longer come to their village.
- Tomar wears conventional attires while shooting and covers her head with a saree to avoid the disturbing noise of the wind.
- In 2019, a film titled ‘Saand Ki Aankh’ based on the biographies of Chandro Tomar and her, sister-in-law, Prakashi Tomar, was made by the director Tushar Hiranandani. Actress Taapsee Pannu and Bhumi Pednekar roped in to play the roles of the two sharpshooters.
References/Sources: [ + ]
|1.||↑||The Better India|