|Real Name||Ramesh Tendulkar
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5' 7"
|Weight||in Kilograms- 65 kg
in Pounds- 143 lbs
|Date of Birth||18 December 1930|
|Date of Death||19 May 1999|
|Death Place||Bhabha Hospital, Mumbai|
|Death Cause||Heart Attack|
|Age (as in 1999)||69 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Family||Father- Not Known
Mother- Not Known
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Caste||Rajapur Saraswat Brahmin India Today|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Rajni Tendulkar (Former LIC Employee)
|Children||Daughter- Savita Tendulkar
Sons- Ajit Tendulkar, Nitin Tendulkar, Sachin Tendulkar
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ramesh Tendulkar
- Ramesh was a renowned Marathi novelist who wrote several poetry books and used to write book reviews for a Marathi publication house.
- He was also a professor at Kirti College, Mumbai, in the 1960s.
- Ajit, Nitin, and Savita Tendulkar were Ramesh’s children from his first marriage (who died after the birth of her third child), whereas, Sachin was from his second marriage to Rajni.
- Rajni is the younger sister of Ramesh’s deceased wife.
- On 19 May 1999, he died of a massive heart attack. This tragedy happened in the middle of the 1999 World Cup and Sachin flew back to India from England and skipped the match against Zimbabwe to attend the final rituals of his father. Sachin’s mother, Rajni Tendulkar, convinced him to go and play in theWorld Cup, after which he returned back to England and played the match against Kenya, where also scored 140 runs and dedicated the knock to his father.
References/Sources: [ + ]