|Real Name||Ajit Ramesh Tendulkar|
|Profession||Cricket Coach, Author
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5' 4"
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 60 kg
in Pounds- 132 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 38 Inches
- Waist: 30 Inches
- Biceps: 11 Inches
|Date of Birth||Year 1963|
|Age (as in 2019)||56 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|College||Ruia College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father- Late Ramesh Tendulkar (Novelist)
Mother- Name Not Known (Died), Rajni Tendulkar (Step-mother, Worked as an Insurance agent)
Brothers- Nitin Tendulkar (Elder), Sachin Tendulkar (Younger, Half-Brother)
Sister- Savita Tendulkar
|Caste||Rajapur Saraswat Brahmin India Today|
|Hobbies||Long drives, reading|
|Favourite Cricketers||Batsman: Sachin Tendulkar
Bowler: Angus Fraser
|Favourite Musician||Pink Floyd, Bryan Adams|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Children||Daughter- Not Known
Son- Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ajit Tendulkar
- Does Ajit Tendulkar smoke?: No
- Does Ajit Tendulkar drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Ajit is the elder brother, mentor, guide, friend, teacher of Sachin Tendulkar.
- He was the first person who noticed the talent of Sachin’s. Once he was watching Sachin play rubber-ball cricket in the Sahitya Sahawas Colony in Bandra, Mumbai, and got instantly impressed with his back-lift, the flow of bat swing, and the ability to pick the length of the ball earlier.
- It was Ajit who made him meet cricket coach, Ramakant Achrekar. Though the 11-year-old Sachin initially failed to perform, his brother’s conviction led Achrekar to give him another opportunity.
- Like Sachin, he too was a was a cricketer, an off-spinner who played Division A cricket.
- He had travelled with Sachin to Pakistan on his very first tour in 1989.
- He rates Sachin’s 136 runs against Pakistan in 1999 as his favourite knock.
- He has only seen Sachin bat at a stadium in his debut Test series in Sialkot, Pakistan, at Lord’s, England in 1990, and at the Wankhede, Mumbai, in 1993.
- He never watched Sachin’s innings on ‘live telecast’ due to superstition.
- It was originally his suggestion to drop Cheteshwar Pujara‘s to No. 3 batting position against Australia in the 2nd innings of the 2010 Bangalore Test.
- Ajit and Sir Viv Richards stopped Sachin Tendulkar from retiring after 2007 World Cup.
- Every July, he travels to San Francisco for a coaching assignment.
- He doesn’t read newspapers.
- He underwent bypass surgery in 2014.
References/Sources: [ + ]