|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
• National Women's Wrestling Championship (2019)
• Senior Federation Cup (2022)
|Date of Birth||Year, 1996|
|Age (as of 2023)||27 Years|
|Birthplace||Jakhara village, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh|
|Hometown||Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh|
|Controversies||• Positive Dope Test
Rani Rana's dope test came out positive for a banned substance called anabolic steroid when National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) tested athletes in February 2020. After finding her guilty, NADA suspended her suspended her from participating in any championship. The Times of India
• Dowry Case against In-Laws
Rani Rana filed an FIR against her husband and in-laws on 6 August 2023, for demanding dowry and physically and mentally torturing her. In an interview, on 8 August 2023, she revealed that her in-laws began abusing her for not bringing enough dowry 5-6 months after her marriage even when her parents gave her in-laws ten lakhs in cash and other household necessities as dowry. Her in-laws soon began objecting to her participation in wrestling competitions and did not support her pursuit of the sport. On 30 May 2023, Rani Rana’s in-laws threw her out of their house and threatened to kill her if her parents did not take her back. Before returning to her paternal home, Rani Rana was physically abused by her husband. After returning from a Jat Samaj conference in Dabra, she and her husband had a heated argument during which he banged her head into a table and kicked her face. Firstpost After this incident, Rani took a legal step and filed a complaint against her husband and in-laws at the Morar police station. She revealed during the interview that her husband spent all of her savings on himself and even tried to acquire an illegal loan in her name for the shop registered in her mother-in-law's name. She said that all of this began because of the grudges and hatred they developed due to the popularity she had gained over the years. Molitics
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||16 February 2020|
|Husband/Spouse||Prince Rana (boxer and gym trainer)
|Parents||Father- Surendra Singh Rana
Mother- Uma Devi Rana
|Siblings||She has a brother.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rani Rana
- Rani Rana is an Indian wrestler. She became the first woman wrestler from Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh who won the Gold Medal in the 55 kg category at the National Women’s Wrestling Championship in 2019.
- When she was in school and started learning wrestling in her village, many people criticised her for wrestling with boys. Then her parents decided to leave the town and move to a city so that Rani could pursue her wrestling training.
- Later, she took training for mat wrestling at Indore’s Sports Authority of India.
- Rani Rana challenged and defeated a male wrestler, Vinod Prajapati, in just a minute with the Nelson Hold at the annual Dada Bhilchandra Sule wrestling championship in the Sardar Vallabbhai Patel Higher Secondary School in Kodariya village, Gwalior. Before challenging Vinod Prajapati, she won against a female wrestler, Chitra Yadav.
- In an interview, when she was asked how she felt after defeating a male opponent, she said
Challenging a male counterpart is not a big deal for me as in the past I faced several male wrestlers in the arena. The most important thing was that I wanted to show people that we are no less in strength and can beat anyone on any day.”
- She faced criticism from her brother after pinning down a male wrestler in 2016. In an interview she stated
My brother and other relatives said I was exposing my body. But I never stopped chasing my dreams even when I was scolded by my relatives. My relatives criticized me even on January 11 when I pinned down a male wrestler within a minute of a bout.” Hindustan Times
- In 2019, she defeated Mansi from Uttar Pradesh to win the Gold Medal at the National Women’s Wrestling Championship held in Shirdi, Maharashtra.
- In October 2019, she represented India in the Senior World Championships held in Hungary for the under-23 age group. However, she was defeated by Dominique Olivia Parrish from the United States of America.
- In 2019, she represented India at the Asian championships held in Xi’an, China.
- As per some sources, Rani won the bronze medal for four consecutive years from 2017 to 2020 at the Senior Wrestling Championship.
- She has won the Gold medal in the senior category at the National Wrestling Championship held in Bhubaneswar. First Post
- Rani Rana was offered a role in the Bollywood film Dangal by the actor Aamir Khan but she refused the offer because she wanted to focus on her game.
- She revealed in an interview that the biggest inspiration behind her success was her paternal and maternal grandfathers, who were wrestlers themselves.
- She was chosen as the brand ambassador of the Gwalior district by the district administration in 2017 and was appointed as the brand ambassador for the campaign Beti Bachao Beti Padhao.