Naveen Kumar (Wrestler) Height, Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
Age: 32 Years
Weight: 130 Kg
|Physical Stats & More|
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 130 kg
in pounds- 286 lbs
|Date of Birth||Year, 1989|
|Age (as of 2022)||32 Years|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Naveen Kumar
- Naveen Kumar is an Indian wrestler. He is also known as India’s Greco-Roman wrestler. He works as MCPO II in the Indian Navy and often represents India in wrestling.
- In 2019, he represented India at the Oleg Karavaev Grecco Roman Wrestling Senior World Ranking tournament at Minsk (Belarus) and won a Bronze medal in the 130 kgs Grecco Roman Wrestling category.
- In 2021, he came into the limelight when he tested positive for COVID-19 disease, which forced him to withdraw from the World Olympic Qualifiers competition.
- In 2020, he was forced out of the Asian Wrestling Championships with an injury when he was considered as a strong contender for the 130kg Greco-Roman gold. In a media conversation, Naveen Kumar stated that he was unable to make grips while wrestling as he had fractured his left thumb. He said,
I got injured while training. I have fractured my left-thumb and unable to make grips. I could have still tried if my bout were on February 22. Doctors have said that there is now way, I can think of playing on February 18. I am compelled to withdraw from the Asian Championships,”
- In 2021, Naveen Kumar Naveen Kumar lost his last-eight stage wrestling match to Uzbekistan’s Sukhrob Fattoev in the 130 kg category at Asian Championships held at Almaty.
- In 2022, he participated in the Common Wealth Games organised at Birmingham.