|Chotu Parineeti Chopra - Instagram))
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 154 cm
in meters- 1.54 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 1”
|Date of Birth
|30 December 1964
|Age (as of 2022)
|Architectural Apprenticeship and Interior Design along with a second degree in IT and Management
|Non-vegetarian ((Instagram - Reena Chopra
|Relationships & More
|23 November 1986
• Shivang Chopra (doctor)
• Sahaj Chopra (entrepreneur)
Daughter- Parineeti Chopra (actress)
|She has a sister named Aashima Malhotra.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Reena Chopra
- Reena Chopra is an Indian artist. She is known for being the mother of Indian actress, Parineeti Chopra.
- Born in Singapore, Reena was brought up by her NRI parents in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Fond of the arts since childhood, Reena often participated in various drawing competitions in her school. In an interview, Reena talked about her interest in arts and said,
I guess, I always had a good drawing hand because I remember being appreciated for my diagrams and projects in school and college, and thereafter even when helping my young children with theirs. However, I never painted formally, I only dabbled. It has always been an instinctive and fun activity for me. I didn’t actually wake up one morning and say, ‘Eureka! I’m an artist.”
- Soon after completing her schooling, Reena relocated to India to pursue her formal education.
- Reena, while she was studying in college, met Pawan Chopra, during one of his concerts. Later, they started dating each other and eventually got married. In an interview, Reena talked about her decision of getting married in India and said,
The move to India for my degree in Architectural Apprenticeship and Interior Design along with a second degree in IT and Management ended up with me being married in India and that too in a very small town called Ambala. 35 yrs ago it was practically non-existent in every way and a typical hinterland township with stereotypical thought processes and was a land forgotten by the world except for its military history. It was a major culture shock for me back then. These years, from coming from Kenya with a particularly open mindset and upbringing, to gingerly treading and overcoming all types of obstacles and regressive traditional ideologies during the following years is basically the inspiration behind a lot of my artwork…you can see the story of most girls back then and even now in my paintings.”
- In 1988, Reena, when she was 24 years old, her daughter, Parineeti Chopra was born. Her second child, Sahaj Chopra, who is an entrepreneur, was born in 1991. Reena’s youngest child, Shivang Chopra, was born in 1995.
- A self-trained artist, Reena, in 2016, started her career as an artist, In an interview, she talked about this and said that her children, Parineeti Chopra, Sahaj Chopra, and Shivang Chopra influenced her to turn her passion into her career. She said,
My tryst with art began 5 yrs ago when my daughter decided enough was enough…I had to do something for myself, something constructive and personal now that I was free from most domestic obligations that held me back from pursuing a career or hobby. The parents were gone, the children were grown up and independent and a system was put in place at home.She concurred with my boys and they decided to buy every conceivable art supply they could think of and gift it to me for my birthday. It was a very pleasant shock for me to be told “Don’t make any more excuses now and get down to business”
- Reena has held painting exhibitions in various places like Reena held art exhibitions in various places like Kenya, China, Paris, New Delhi, and Chandigarh. Her celebrity clients include Sonam Kapoor, Nimrat Kaur and Sukhbir Singh.
- Reena Chopra’s hobbies include reading novels, cooking food, and trying different cuisines across the world. In an interview, she talked about her fascination for reading and her favourite authors. She said,
Initially, the only way I could lose myself in something exciting was through reading… as a young child, my birthday gifts were Enid Blytons followed by the make-believe worlds of Alfred Hitchcock, Willard Price, Agatha Christie, Sherlock Holmes, Georgette Hayer, Alistair Maclain, Clive Cussler, Robert Ludlum….the list is endless.”
- Besides painting, Reena is fond of writing. She also runs a self-written blog named ‘Ryna Chopra’. Ryna Chopra – WordPress