Age: 43 Years
Husband: Dhruv Ghanekar
|Profession(s)||• Theatre artist
• Interior designer
|Known for||Being the daughter of folk-artist Ila Arun.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-30-34|
|Debut||Film: Snegithiye (2000); as Geetha Damodar
|Date of Birth||14 September 1979 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||43 Years|
|School||Arya Vidya Mandir, Mumbai|
|College/University||St. Xavier's College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||BA Sociology|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Baking, Doing yoga, Reading, Listening to music|
|Tattoo(s)||• On left forearm: Sun and flowers
• On the right shoulder: a symbol
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||27 May 2005|
|Husband/Spouse||Dhruv Ghanekar (Music composer, songwriter, producer, and guitarist)
Daughter(s)- Amaala and Alaaya
|Parents||Father- Arun Bajpai (Retired Indian Navy personnel)
Mother- Ila Arun (Indian actress and folk-song singer)
|Siblings||She is the only child of her parents.|
|Other relative(s)||Father-in-law: Girish Ghanekar (Marathi director)
Brother-in-law: Joy Ghanekar (Actor)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ishitta Arun
- Ishitta Arun is an Indian theatre artist, actress, VJ, dancer, and lyricist. She is also an interior designer.
- She was three years old when she made her debut as a child artist in a TV commercial for the Vicks VapoRub.
- She a children’s
- As a child artist, she appeared in the morning TV show Science Basics, directed by Gullan Kriplani.
- At the age of 8, she acted in a documentary, which was based on the life of Alla Jillai Bai, a famous classical singer. She also recorded two songs for this documentary.
- She wrote a full-length play at the age of thirteen.
- Ishita learnt Kathak at Shiamak Davar’s Institute of Performing Arts.
- Ishitta took singing classes from Ustad Maqbool Hussain.
- Initially, she worked as a video jockey and TV host for the B4U Music channel.
- In 1999, she made her music video debut in Sonu Nigam‘s song titled Bijuria from the album Mausam for which late dancer Saroj Khan taught her the choreography.
- In 2003, she played the role of Mansi in a Bollywood film titled Kahan Ho Tum, starring Sonu Sood and Sharman Joshi.
- In 2010, she appeared as a contestant in the TV mini-series Dil Jeetegi Desi Girl, which aired on NDTV Imagine and got first runner-up position.
- The interiors of the restaurant Mia Cucina in Bandra were designed by Ishitta. She also designed the outposts of several restaurants, residences, and offices for celebrities including Terence Lewis Age, Height, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography & More. She also designed the Wah Wah Studios in Mumbai and had independent exhibitions under her brand ‘Kishmish.’
- She has also penned lyrics for several artists including Dhruv Ghanekar, Atif Aslam & Mahir Zaine for TV commercials of several popular brands including Mahindra, Tata Steel, and Britannia Industries.
- In September 2012, she became a creative producer of Wah Wah Music production house.
- Arun has written several tracks for Bollywood films including Dhaakad (2022), starring Kangana Ranaut.
- Ishitta Arun has hosted more than 100 live stages. In 2006, she hosted a duet singing competition titled Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Ek Main Aur Ek Tu with co-host Shaan.
- Ishitta is the founder of Ikigai & Co., a theatre, performing arts, and humanities platform under which she has conceptualised and produced Gaa Re Maa, a drama that was featured at the Prithvi Festival 2018 as part of the 40th-year celebrations of Mumbai’s Prithvi Theatre.
- Ishitta is often seen accompanying several renowned celebrities at events.
- Ishitta Arun consumes alcoholic beverages on several occasions.
- When Ishitta was studying in school, the principal of the school asked her to change her name to Ishitta Bajpai from Ishitta Arun as her mother, Ila Arun, was popular and the school wanted to keep their identities private.
- In an interview, Ishitta admitted that she often writes for her husband’s advertising campaigns.
- In an interview, Ishitta revealed that the first four lines of the lullaby she wrote for the film Dhaakad (2022) were actually from the lullaby that her grandmother used to sing to her when she was a child. Further, she added,
It has been passed down from one generation to another. I have been singing it to my children for nine years. But, since my grandmother is no more, most of us remember only a few lines. I had the task to build on them.”
- Ishitta once said that her father introduced her to hip-hop music and also pushed her to dance. According to her, it was he who bought her a bikini and miniskirt. Instagram – Ishitta Arun
- In an interview, Ishitta once revealed that she and her family used to witness a lot of snakes in their house before they left it.
- In an interview, Ishitta revealed that she ad her husband, Dhruv, practice yoga twice a week.
- She loves reading bedtime stories to her daughters every night.
- In an interview, Ishitta revealed that she did not want her daughters to become musicians when they grow up.
- She loves baking cakes and muffins, especially with her daughters.