|Real Name||Rekha Bhardwaj|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 157 cm
in meters- 1.57 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 2”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 69 kg
in Pounds- 152 lbs
|Hair Colour||Black (Sometimes Dyed Brown)|
|Date of Birth||23 January 1964|
|Age (as in 2017)||53 Years|
|Birth Place||Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|College||Hindu College, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Music|
|Debut||Playback Singing: Ek Woh Din Bhi from the movie Chachi 420
Album- Ishqa Ishqa (2002)
|Family||Mother- Name Not Known
Father- Name Not Known
|Favourite Food||Sarson Ka Saag|
|Favourite Singers/ Musicians||Mehdi Hasan, Ustad Amir Khan, Ustad Rashid Khan, Madhurani Faizabadi, Beghum Akhtar, Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan|
|Favourite Spiritual Leader||Osho|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband||Vishal Bhardwaj (Filmmaker)
|Marriage Date||Year- 1991|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rekha Bhardwaj
- Does Rekha Bhardwaj smoke: Not Known
- Does Rekha Bhardwaj drink alcohol: Not Known
- Born into a musical family in Delhi, Rekha started singing at a very young age of 3. In order to fulfill her love for classical music, Rekha took music classes at Gandharva Mahavidyalaya, Delhi for almost a decade.
- Just like every other singer/celebrity, Rekha has also had her fair share of struggles. Even after her marriage to established music composer, Vishal Bhardwaj, she found it tough to land up her first break in Bollywood.
- Rekha first met her future husband, Vishal, at their college’s annual function. Notably, Rekha was one year senior to him.
- Vishal’s mentor, Lyricist Gulzar, was so impressed by Rekha’s voice quality that he made a promise to write down the lyrics of her first album. However, because of Gulzar sahab’s other film commitments, her debut album took more than 6 years in making.
- It was during these years of struggle that Rekha felt despondent and looked for spiritual development as an escape. As a result, she spent a few months at the Osho ashram in Pune. At Osho, she learned the art of Whirling and Zikra (a form of Islamic chanting), both of which she now performs on stage.
- Her breakthrough in Bollywood came with the song Namak Ishq Ka from her husband’s directorial- Omkara (2006). Since then there has been no looking back for Rekha as she gave back to back hits thereafter, like Sasural Genda Phool (Delhi 6), Phoonk De (No Smoking), Raat Ke Dhai Baje (Kaminey), Phir Ley Aaya Dil (Barfi), etc.