|Real Name||Pritam Chakraborty|
|Profession||Music Composer, Singer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 74 kg
in Pounds- 163 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||14 June 1971|
|Age (as in 2017)||46 Years|
|Birth Place||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|School||St. James' School, Kolkata|
|College/University||Presidency College, Kolkata
Film & Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune
|Educational Qualifications||Graduation in Geology from Presidency College
Course in Sound Recording and Engineering from FTII, Pune
|Debut||Music Direction: Tere Liye (2001)
|Family||Father- Prabodh Chakraborty (Insurance officer)
Mother- Anuradha Chakraborty
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Address||703, Serinity, I Wing, Andheri West, Mumbai - 400053|
|Hobbies||Watching movies, Reading|
|Controversy||Time and again, Pritam has been accused of copying music from the works of many notable national and international artists.|
|Favourite Music Composers/Singers||R.D. Burman, Laxmikant-Pyarelal, Kalyanji-Anandji, Jaidev, Madan Mohan|
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Director||Anurag Basu|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
Daughter- Ishqa (born 2009)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pritam Chakraborty
- Does Pritam Chakraborty smoke: No (He quit smoking in 2012; used to smoke as many as 60 Cigarettes a day.)
- Does Pritam Chakraborty drink alcohol: Not Known
- Although an insurance officer, Pritam’s father used to teach music to young kids at a very nominal fee. Hence, it comes as no surprise that his father played a significant role in fine-tuning his music skills.
- After securing a bachelor’s degree in Geology, Pritam began pursuing a master’s degree in Science (M. Sc.). However, with this, his dream of becoming a musician was taking a back seat. Thus, Pritam dropped out of his master’s course and instead enrolled himself in a Sound Recording and Engineering course at FTII, Pune.
- During his time at the FTII, Pritam got the opportunity to compose background score for a movie by renowned Hungarian filmmaker- Istvan Gaal.
- In the following years, Pritam worked as a lead guitarist with a number of bands, including Chandrabindoo and ‘Jotugriher Pakhi’. The latter group even has a cassette to their name.
- In 1997, Pritam came to Mumbai in search for bigger opportunities. Fortunately enough, his period of struggle was brief as he began receiving contracts for composing ad jingles soon after his arrival. He composed jingles for renowned brands like Santro, Emami, Thums Up, McDonald’s, Complan, etc. In addition, he composed title tracks for many popular prime-time TV shows like ‘Ye Meri Life Hai’, ‘Kkavyanjali’, ‘Astitva’, ‘Remix’, etc.
- During the initial years of his career, Pritam composed music in partnership with his counterpart Jeet Ganguly. The duo gave music in 3 movies before finally parting ways.
- The parting proved to be lucky for Pritam as the music of his first solo project- Dhoom (2004), was widely appreciated. However, it was also alleged that Dhoom’s music was not original, and was merely a fusion of other English songs.
- He has also mentored contestants in a number of notable single reality shows viz. Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, Chhote Ustaad, X-Factor, etc.
- Notably, Akshay Kumar starrer Once Upon A Time In Mumbai Dobaara was his 100th film as a Bollywood Music Director.
- Being a heavy smoker, Pritam was once hospitalized when he complained of acute breathlessness during a show in Cuttack. He was diagnosed with a constriction in his lungs, owing to which, he was advised to quit smoking.