|Full Name||Rinku Singh Rajput|
|Profession(s)||Professional Wrestler, Former Baseball Player (Pitcher)|
|Famous For||• Participating in WWE NXT
• First Indian to play for an American major league baseball team
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 191 cm
in meters- 1.91 m
in feet & inches- 6’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 116 kg
in pounds- 256 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 48 inches
- Waist: 38 inches
- Biceps: 20 inches
|Teams||• Pittsburgh Pirates (American Baseball League)
• Canberra Cavalry (Australian Baseball League)
• West Virginia Power (South Atlantic League)
• Adelaide Giants (Australian Baseball League)
|Jersey Number||# 18 (Pittsburgh Pirates)|
|Debut||WWE NXT: 31 May 2018|
|Trainer||WWE Performance Center|
|Manager||Robbie E (Robert Strauss)|
|Slam/Signature Move(s)||Million-Dollar-Arm, Million-Dollar-Closeline|
|Date of Birth||8 August 1988 (Monday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||31 Years|
|Birthplace||Bhadohi Village, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Bhadohi Village, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||Guru Govind Singh Sports College, Guramba, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|College/University||Did Not Attend|
|Educational Qualification||9th Standard India Today|
|Food Habit||Vegetarian Pro Wrestling Fandom|
|Tattoo(s)||• Chest tattoo with the word "MA" (in Hindi) written in the middle
• Tattoo with "Ram" (in hindi) written on his right arm
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Names Not Known
|Siblings||Brother(s)- He has four brothers
Sister(s)- He has three sisters
|Street Food||Litti Chokha|
|Song||"Ek Tu Hi Nahi" by Sonu Nigam|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rinku Singh
- Rinku Singh is an Indian wrestler who competes in the WWE. He has also been a junior national level medalist in javelin throw in India. He is also the first Indian to play in American major league baseball.
- His family was financially very weak while growing up. He had three sisters and four brothers, and they all used to live in a one-bedroom rented house. They had electricity, however, they had to rely on well water.
- While growing up, Rinku was very skinny.
- As he did not have money, he used to cut bamboo in the form of a javelin to practice javelin throw.
- In 2008, he participated in a reality TV show titled “Million Dollar Arm,” which was created by American sports agent “JB Bernstein” and his partners “Ash Vasudevan” and “Will Chang” to find the individual in India who could throw the fastest and most accurate baseball.
- Rinku won the “Million Dollar Arm” contest out of 37,000 contestants after throwing the ball at 87 miles per hour. He also won the chance to go to America to play baseball, and he also won the prize money of $100,000.
- He was just a few days away from his “class X board exams” when he was in a dilemma if he should head to America to pursue baseball or stay and attend his examinations. Everyone in his family was against him going to America. However, the Sports Authority of India’s coach, Jasvinder Singh Bhatia, advised him to take the risk and go to America; as it was a great opportunity.
- Rinku, along with the runner-up of the “Million Dollar Arm” contest Dinesh Patel, travelled to America to train with the pitching coach of the “University of Southern California, Tom House. Rinku and Patel also learnt English after going to America.
- In November 2008, they tried out for 20 Major League Baseball (MLB) teams. Rinku’s pitches reached 92 miles per hour (148 km/h). The news of Rinku’s fast pitches reached the “Pittsburgh Pirates” baseball team’s manager, and he signed Rinku and Dinesh into the team.
- He is the first Indian ever to sign a contract with an American major league baseball team.
- On 4 July 2009, Rinku became the first Indian to appear in a professional baseball game in the US when he pitched the seventh inning in a game.
- On 13 July 2009, Singh won his first baseball game in America after striking the only batter he faced. He finished the season with a 1–2 record and a 5.84 ERA in 11 games. He allowed just “one run on three hits” in his final six appearances.
- In 2009, Rinku Singh was the subject of Disney’s movie titled, “Million Dollar Arm.” It was based on Singh and Patel’s life story on how they came from India and got an opportunity to play in major league baseball.
- He played major league baseball in America for eight years.
- To improve his knowledge and skills, he writes down everything that goes on through the day and recalls every event and conversation at the end of the day. Once, in an interview, he said-
I believe in taking notes because I believe in the power of listening. When I go home I write everything down, read it and, memorise it. Picturing myself before going to bed, doing the new things learnt. When I get up again I go through it so that I don’t make the same mistakes which I did the first time”
- In 2010, Rinku visited India before a baseball league in Australia. While he was in India, once while riding his bike, he saw a few men chasing a chicken which was supposed to be served in a restaurant. He stopped his bike, and he wondered- “what would happen to me if five people chased me to kill.” On that day Rinku decided to give up non-vegetarian food.
- Even though he resides in America, he wants to marry in Indian girl someday.
- On 13 January 2018, Rinku Singh signed a contract with the WWE. He was selected after an exclusive WWE tryout of just 40 athletes in Dubai.
- On 31 May 2018, when he debuted in “WWE NXT,” he wore dhoti, rudraksha, chandan, and he greeted his opponents by folding his hands and saying “Namaste.”
- It is his dream to become a “WWE Tag Team Champion” in India and open a free education centre for underprivileged kids in India.
- WWE superstar John Cena is Rinku’s idol. He likes his style of wrestling, and he also watches his videos to learn his moves. He also loves how Cena does social work for underprivileged kids.
- He dreams of being in Bollywood someday.