Some Lesser Known Facts About RJ Balaji
- Does RJ Balaji smoke?: Not Known
- Does RJ Balaji drink alcohol? Not Known
- He was born and raised in Chennai with four younger siblings, one sister and and three brothers.
- His father abandoned his family and went missing when he was young.
- He failed 12th grade and seeing this failure as disaster, he moved from Perambur to Thiruvanmiyur.
- He told in an interview that he changed 24 houses and 11 houses while growing up.
- While he was preparing to pass 12th grade, he assisted his friend, as an AC mechanic and eventually passed 12th grade.
- Later when he joined college, he realised that wants to be in media and wanted to be his cousin who works in NDTV.
- When he was asked to write a report in English for a newspaper, he committed 47 grammatical errors in 56 word report then he dropped the journalism plan.
- In 2006, he auditioned and got selected as radio jockey, though he never knew what an RJ was back then.
- He started his career as a radio jockey at Radio Mirchi Coimbatore, with a three-hour morning drive show called ‘Hello Coimbatore‘ which dealt with social issues.
- His talk show- Cross Talk became very popular among youngsters. He uploaded several clips of the show on SoundCloud. Those links went viral, crossing over a million hits in a single week. Not only in India, his links were downloaded in United States (over 20%), United Arab Emirates, Singapore, Seychelles, Germany and Spain.
- The ‘Cross Talk’ show earned him a name- ‘Cross Talk Balaji’.
- Differnet apps have been developed on him on different platforms; android, windows and iOS.
- He got married at the age of 21.
- In 2013, he debuted in the Tollywood with the movie- Ethir Neechal. Once, he and G. V. Prakash Kumar met a major car accident during the filming of ‘Kadavul Irukkan Kumaru’ but sustained only minor injuries.
- He runs a YouTube channel- ‘Panjumittai Productions’ where he uploads short videos dealing with current issues.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)