|Full Name||Sunita Munjal Ahuja|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 68 kg
in Pounds- 150 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||June 1967|
|Age (as in 2018)||51 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Family||Father- Not Known
Mother- Not Known
Brother- Not known
Sister- 1 (Name not known, elder)
|Address||105, “Jal Darshan”, “A” Wing, Ruia Park Road, Juhu, Mumbai – 400049|
|Controversies||Her married life hit a low when there were rumours about her husband Govinda's affair with Rani Mukherji, that arise during the shooting of Hadh Kardi Aapne.|
|Favourite Actress||Manisha Koirala, Preity Zinta, Meryl Streep|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband/Spouse||Govinda (Actor, m.1987-present)
|Marriage Date||11 March 1987|
|Children||Daughter- Tina Ahuja (Actor)
Son- Yashvardhan Ahuja
|Net Worth||$25 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sunita Ahuja
- Does Sunita Ahuja smoke?: No
- Does Sunita Ahuja drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Sunita is the wife of popular Bollywood actor Govinda.
- As her elder sister is married to Govinda’s maternal uncle, even before Sunita and Govinda’s marriage, they used to fight with each other due to their opposite personalities. While Govinda was humble, Sunita was aloof. The way she used to dress up and carry herself, made him think of her as a cunning person.
- When Govinda’s mother came to know about his relationship with Sunita, she advised them to get married.
- Sunita used to communicate with Govinda by writing letters to him. One day, while she sent her brother to Govinda with the letter, her mother caught hold of the letter and got to know about their affair. She was extremely unhappy with their relationship as Govinda was an actor.
- Her mother finally agreed for the marriage after Govinda’s uncle and his mother convinced her for it. The couple tied the knot on 11 March 1987.
- Her marriage to Govinda was a secret for around 4 years.
- Govinda in an interview with the Stardust magazine revealed that he had been in love with Neelam Kothari and it was a coincidence that he got engaged with Sunita. He told that during the shoot of one of his films he had to perform a love scene with the actress but couldn’t do so. So, his elder brother advised him to keep an affair in order to get the experience. It was then that he started dating Sunita and their affair got serious.
- Govinda often used to praise Neelam in front of Sunita and asked her to be like Neelam, due to which they often indulged into fights. During one such fight, the couple even called off their engagement.
- Before marriage, she used to deny to participate in dance competitions with Govinda as he was a small-town boy, while she belonged to high society.
- She belongs to Punjabi family background.
- In 2014, Sunita again took the nuptials with Govinda on the event of their 25th wedding anniversary. Govinda later disclosed that it was his mother’s wish that they go through a ‘Sampoorna Vivaah’ (complete wedding) and further added that-
Not that Sunita and I were not married all these years. We had just gone through a formal Gandharva Vivah back in 1987. But now we went through all the rituals.”