Some Lesser Known Facts About Robert Mueller
- Does Robert Mueller smoke:? Not Known
- Does Robert Mueller drink alcohol:? Not Known
- He was born in New York City and grew up outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- His father, Robert Swan Mueller II, worked for the DuPont Corporation in New York. His father had also served in the Second World War in the U.S. Navy. Robert Swan Mueller II died at the age of 91 on 26 December 2007 in Boston.
- According to New York Times, he graduated from the same class of St. Paul’s School as former Secretary of State John Kerry.
- During his schooling at the St. Paul’s School, he was captain of the Soccer, Hockey, and Lacrosse teams. In 1962, he was declared the top athlete of his school and was awarded the “Gordon Medal.”
- Like his father, Robert Mueller also attended Princeton University.
- His mother, Alice C. Truesdale, was the daughter of Rail Road Executive William H. Truesdale. She had died a year before his father had died.
- In 1968, he was enlisted in the United States Marine Corps. In an interview, he revealed that his decision of joining the Marine Corps was under the influence of his teammate David Spencer Hackett’s death in the Vietnam War.
- In 1973, after receiving his Law Degree, he worked as a litigator at the firm Madison, Pillsbury, and Sutro in Francisco until 1976.
- He served for 12 years in the United States Attorney offices in different capacities.
- From 1998 to 2001, he served as the U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of California.
- On 5 July 2001, George W. Bush (the then US President) nominated him for the position of FBI Director. He officially became the FBI Director on 4 September 2001, just one week before the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center.
- In May 2011, Barack Obama (the then US President) extended his term of FBI Director for additional 2 years as the normal term of FBI Director spans for 10-years only.
- On September 4, 2013, he was replaced by James Comey as the FBI Director.
- After his FBI stint, Mueller served for one year as a consulting professor at the Stanford University.
- In 2016, United States Military Academy honored him with ‘Thayer Award’ for public service.
- On May 17, 2017, Rod Rosenstein (Deputy Attorney General) appointed him as special counsel for the United States Department of Justice to oversee the investigation involving the Russian interference in the 2016 United States Presidential Elections.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡