Some Lesser Known Facts About Rohit Bhardwaj
- Rohit Bhardwaj is an Indian actor who is known for portraying Yudhishthira in StarPlus’ famous Indian mythological TV series “Mahabharat” (2013-2014).
- He attended a school in Noida, where he was one of the top scholars in his class. He always had a passion for acting and filmmaking, and he frequently watched movies in secret.
- He made the decision to pursue his acting dream and began to apply for auditions. During an interview on the sets of Mahabharat, he shared,
My plan of action was to go abroad for higher studies after graduation. I never imagined that one day I would act in a television serial and become a known face.”
- Before he began his career as an actor, Rohit was in a long-term relationship with Poonam Bhardwaj. They started dating each other during high school and got married in 2006 and were married to each other for 16 years before filing for divorce in 2022. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
I have been living alone for the last four-five years. There were differences from the beginning, which continued to grow, especially after I returned from Indonesia. I tried to sort things out with my wife, but could not save the marriage. It struggled with differences and compatibility issues. The divorce is in process and is expected to be completed in two months.” Bollywood Shaadis
- He worked in many TV shows like ‘Baat Hamari Pakki Hai’ (2010-2011), ‘Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha’ (2012), ‘Navya..Naye Dhadkan Naye Sawaal’ (2011-2012), ‘Mahabharat’ (2013-2014), and ‘Laal Ishq’ (2018-2019).
- In 2013, he played the role of Hardeep in the Punjabi short film “Waapasi.” He has worked as a creative producer for the short film “Mombatti.”
- He worked as a creative director for some episodes of the 2010 TV show “Adaalat.”
- In 2020, he played the role of a detective named Omkar Upadhyay in the thriller web series “Myopia.” He also produced this web series, which is based on the famous historic monument Taj Mahal. The Tribune
- “Mahabharat” gained such popularity that the entire cast travelled to Indonesia to appear in a play based on the show. Indonesian audience appeared in huge numbers to watch them perform on stage. Rohit’s Indonesian fans call him by the name Om Rohit Mulyono. Cliff Clubs
- Because of the popularity of the show “Mahabharat” overseas, Rohit and other cast members got the opportunity to appear on Indonesian TV shows. Rohit participated in the Indonesian television programme “The New Eat Bulaga Indonesia” (2014–2015) as a judge and anchor. In 2015, he participated in and served as a judge for Bolly Star Vaganza. He performed stand-up comedy and played the role of “Mr Bean” in Indonesia. He portrayed the roles of nearly all the Indonesian kings from every region.
- In an interview, Rohit talked about the character of Yudhishthira that he portrayed on screen, which made him famous in India and overseas. He also shared an incident when a fan sent him a letter written in blood. He said,
I am overwhelmed and happy that I am being appreciated as Yudhishtir, finally, I feel that people can see Yudhishtir in me, I wanted it all to look real and as convincing as possible and thankfully I am being appreciated and acknowledged but at the same time, I don’t like my fans doing weird things for me like writing a letter from blood. It’s my humble request to all my fans there, please don’t hurt yourself ever.” The Times of India
- In 2021, he lost his mother due to cardiac arrest. He mourned over her death and said,
- In an interview, Rohit talked about the struggles he faced to make a place in the entertainment industry. He shared his story of how he ended up becoming an actor and said,
After my graduation, I had three months of free time for soul searching. I wanted some kind of change and joined theatre after a friend advised me to take up acting. Those three months turned into three years and I am an actor now! I think it was bound to happen. It was part of destiny’s plan.” Hindustan Times
- In an interview, Rohit revealed that his father was not supportive of his decision of making a career in acting; however, his elder brother, Mohit, supported him. He said,
My father is everything to me. He never wanted me to get into an acting career and because of that, I used to go for the auditions without informing him. On the other hand, my elder brother always supported me in my acting career.” The Times of India
- He values leading a healthy lifestyle and is highly concerned about his health. He consumes salads, sprouts, cottage cheese, and cooked veggies and is a vegan. He enjoys protein shakes as beverages. He is a sports enthusiast and enjoys playing cricket, swimming, going to the gym, and nighttime jogging.