Marriage Date: 25 June 2011
Age: 36 Years
Wife: Victoria Jayne Brown
|Full Name||Luteru Ross Poutoa Lote Taylor|
|Nickname||Rosco, The Pallekele Plunderer|
|Profession||New Zealand Cricketer (Batsman)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet inches- 6’
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Light Brown|
|International Debut||Test- 8 November 2007 vs South Africa in Johannesburg
ODI- 1 March 2006 vs West Indies in Napier
T20- 22 December 2006 vs Sri Lanka in Wellington
|Jersey Number||#3 (New Zealand)
#3 (Delhi Daredevils)
#21 (Royal Challengers Bangalore)
#24 (Pune Warriors)
|Domestic/State Team||Australian Capital Territory, Central Districts, Central Districts Under-19s, Delhi Daredevils, Durham, Pune Warriors, Rajasthan Royals, Royal Challengers Bangalore, St Lucia Zouks, Sussex, Trinidad & Tobago Red Steel, Victoria|
|Records (main ones)||• In only his third ODI in 2006, which was against Sri Lanka, he smashed his maiden century in limited overs format. Though his innings of 128 not out could not help New Zealand win the match, it helped him cement his place in the team.
• In February 2007, while playing against Australia, Taylor scored 117 from 126 helping New Zealand chase 336 and secure Chappell-Hadlee Trophy 2006-07. Taylor was yet again awarded the Man of the Match trophy.
• He scored the fastest test ton ever by any New Zealander after smashing 100 off just 81 balls against Australia in March 2010.
• On his 27th birthday, Taylor, while playing against Pakistan, in 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup, calmly batting on 69 off 108, smashed another 62 runs in just 16 balls, which included, 4 fours, 7 sixes, a 28-run over from Shoaib Akhtar, and a 30-run over from Abdul Razzaq.
• While playing for RCB in the second edition of IPL in 2009, Taylor smashed 81 not out from just 33 balls while chasing a huge total of 176. He was given Man of the Match title for his outstanding performance.
• Taylor broke a 111-year old record after scoring 290 against Australia in November 2015. This became the highest score by an overseas batsman in Tests in Australia.
• On 21 February 2020, he became the only cricketer in history to play 100 internationals in all three formats of the game.
|Date of Birth||8 March 1984|
|Age (as in 2020)||36 Years|
|Birthplace||Lower Hutt, Wellington, New Zealand|
|Hometown||Lower Hutt, Wellington, New Zealand|
|School||Palmerston North Boys' High School, Palmerston North|
|College/University||Wairarapa College, Masterton|
|Family||Father- Neil Taylor
|Girls, Family & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Victoria Jayne Brown|
|Wife/Spouse||Victoria Jayne Brown (Cricketer)
|Marriage Date||June 25, 2011|
|Children||Daughter- Mackenzie Taylor (born September 24, 2011)
Sons- Jonty Taylor (born- February 16, 2014) and 1 other
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ross Taylor
- Does Ross Taylor drink alcohol?: Yes
- Ross is of part-Samoan descent, as he boasts of Samoan ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Before being a cricketer, Ross played hockey, something that helped him master the slog sweep shot. Playing hockey made him a dominant leg side batsman in cricket.
- Upon getting selected to play for New Zealand, he became the second male player Murphy Su’a from Samoan heritage to play for the New Zealand cricket team.
- After having scored his maiden ODI century against Sri Lanka in December 2006, a match that New Zealand unfortunately lost, Taylor suffered from dehydration and required a short visit to the hospital to get treated.
- Taylor captained New Zealand in One Day format for the first time in 2010 against Australia when Daniel Vettori dropped out of the match owing to his neck ache. He donated his $NZ 500 Man of the Match prize to the Lansdowne Cricket Club, Masterton.
- After Vinod Kambli, Sachin Tendulkar, and Sanath Jayasuriya, he became only the fourth ever cricketer to score a century on birthday after doing so against Pakistan in a league match in 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup.
- While in an interview during the Indian Premier League 2012, Taylor opened up about his childhood dream of becoming a farmer.
- Taylor explained why he has made it a habit to stick his tongue out every time he hits a century. He said he does this since his son, Jonty, and daughter, Mackenzie, love him doing that.