|Real name||Renu The Daily Star|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 161 cm
in meters- 1.61 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 3”
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||1988: National Film Awards for Best Actress(Koshai)
1988: Best supporting actor (Jibondhara)
2004: Meril Prothom Alo Awards for Critics Choice Best Film Actress(Rakkhushi)
|Date of Birth||April 12, 1955 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||66 Years|
|Birthplace||Rajbari, Faridpur District of East Pakistan|
|Religion||Islam News Founded|
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Name not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rozina
- Rozina is a Bangladeshi actress who acted in the films of Kolkata, Nepal, and Karachi.
- Rozina’s childhood dream was to present herself on the silver screen.
- Before entering the film industry, she used to play characters in theatre. Her first theatre play was Shaistaganj.
- She started her career in the film industry with the movie ‘Janwar.’ She was offered a small role in the movie, for which she was paid Taka 10.
- In the film industry, when Rozina was struggling for roles, she was dropped out of three films, out of which one is, “Mintu Amar Naam.”Even then, she didn’t lose hope and continued to work in theatre plays with Fakhrul Hasan Bairagi and Chatku Ahmed.
- Her first film as a lead actress was Rajmahal with co-actor Wasim in 1977.
- She was only 16 when her first film Rajmahal was released. After Rajmhal, she was starred in 300 more films.
- Bollywood director, Shakti Samanta, made a Bengali movie, casting Rozina in the lead role. This movie was dubbed in Hindi as “Aar Paar,” starring Rozina and Mithun Chakraborty in lead roles.
- In the early 1990s, she became one of the highest-paid actresses.
- She earned the title of Dream Girl of the Bangladeshi Film Industry.
- After giving a number of hits till 1993, she took a break from the limelight and returned back in 2005 with the movie Rakkhushi.
- Rakkhushi was her last film, and then she started working on the silver screen.
- She directed two dramas based on the novels of Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay, Mejdidi and Borodidi. She also played the lead role in the drama, Mejdidi. She directed one more play Badnaam, based on the story of Rabindranath Tagore.
- She also directed a TV serial based on the life of Kazi Nazrul Islam.
- A show was aired on Bengal Television named ‘Nana Ranger Dinguli’ based on the life of Rozina. The show would talk about the stories and struggles of her life. This show was directed by Mamun Khan. In the show, Rozina will visit her favourite places. While talking about her experience in the show, she said
I have really enjoyed taking part in such an episode of a programme. It is really something different. I felt well to present own information to the viewers by this programme. I hope viewers will enjoy the programme.”
- Rozina’s co-actor, Ferdousi, from her last film Rakkhushi was 12-13 years younger than her.
- She also did modelling for the brand LUX.
- Reportedly, she is now settled in London and owns a restaurant named “Mithu’s Kitchen.”