Wife: Catherine Joy Perry AKA Lana
Hometown: Plovdiv, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Age: 33 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rusev
- Does Rusev drink alcohol: Yes
- Rusev attended a sports school while growing up; he is a hardcore soccer fan.
- Rusev began his professional wrestling career when he became a trainee at the Knokx Wrestling Valley, where he was trained by none other than WWE Attitude Era superstars Rikishi and Gangrel.
- Rusev is the first Bulgarian to have wrestled for the WWE.
- Rusev was signed by the WWE in 2011, and was assigned to the Florida Championship Wrestling (now NXT) for his development/training period. While wrestling in a match at FCW, Rusev suffered a broken neck which paralyzed his left arm temporarily. Rusev then travelled to Thailand for his rehabilitation, where he also studied the martial art- Muay Thai.
- Interestingly, Rusev’s manager and wife, Lana, who portrays a Russian woman on WWE TV, is an American in reality.
- Rusev held the United States Championship for a period of 146 days, before losing it to John Cena at Wrestlemania 31.