|Real Name||Abhishek Sharma Wikipedia|
|Profession(s)||Actor and Comedian|
|Physical Stats & More|
|IMDb Height||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Debut||TV, Actor: Just Mohabbat (1996) as Vishal
Film, Actor (Hindi): Yeh Kaisi Mohabbat Hai (2002)
Film, Actor (Tamil): Enge Enadhu Kavithai (2002)
Film, Actor (Bhojpuri): Tohar Pyar Chahi (2002)
Film, Actor (Marathi): Mumbai Che Pahune (2007)
Film, Actor (Chhattisgarhi): Sita (2008)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in a Comic Role (2014) for Comedy Circus
• Indian Television Academy Award for Popular Comedy-Duo (2015) with Sudesh Lehri for Comedy Circus
• BIG Star Most Entertaining Jury/Host (TV)-Non Fiction (2015) with Bharti Singh for Comedy Nights Bachao
• ITA Award for Best Actor in a Comic Role (2019) for The Kapil Sharma Show
|Date of Birth||30 May 1983 (Monday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||37 Years|
|School||St. Loran High School Forbes|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Outlook India|
|Address||101, Samudra Manthan, Juhu Versova Link Road, Andheri (West), Mumbai – 400053|
|Hobbies||Dancing and Hanging Out With Friends|
|Controversies||• He blamed the makers of "Comedy Circus" show for declaring Kapil Sharma as a winner very often in order to please Kapil so that he sticks with the show, instead of the merit of the performance. Krushna said,
The one who deserved to win should have won and this time I deserved the victory. During one of the previous seasons, they declared a tie between Kapil and me just to please him so that he sticks to the show. I have no complaints with Kapil. He is very talented and I am a huge fan of his. My differences are with the production house and I have decided that I won’t work with producer Vipul Shah or Comedy Circus again.”
He even threw the runner up trophy, in an interview he said,
Yes, I did bang the trophy on the floor. I have lost faith in the production house and I was very upset.” Times of India
• In 2018, there was news that nothing is well between Krushna and Govinda. In an interview, Krushna shared the whole matter, he said,
There was a tweet. He (Govinda) wasn’t coming to my show, The Drama Company. I talked to mami (Govinda’s wife Sunita) about it and told them that you guys went to Kapil Sharma’s show and you need to come to my show as well. People are asking me. Then they came and it was a fantastic episode. But then, Kashmera tweeted something wrong for my sister. Govinda thought it was for them. I tried to clarify, but mami got angry. Then I decided to not get in between mami and Kashmera. Then it was the first birthday of my kid. They didn’t come for it, and then I got upset. My mother has raised Govinda ji, so I have all the rights to be upset with him.” Hindustan Times
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Tanushree Dutta, Actor (Rumoured)
• Kashmera Shah (Actor and Model)
|Marriage Date||June 2012 Spotboye|
|Children||Son(s)- Rayaan and Krishaang (Twins)
|Parents||Father- Atmaprakash Sharma (Died in 2016 due to cancer)
Mother- Padma Sharma (Died in 1984 due to cancer)
|Siblings||Sister- Arti Singh (Actor)
|Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan and Akshay Kumar|
|Film(s)||Half Ticket (1962), Bombay to Goa (1972), Deewana Mastana (1997)|
|Car Collection||Audi 3 (Yellow)
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs 60-70 lakhs per episode as in 2019 Times of India|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Krushna Abhishek
- Krushna Abhishek is a popular Indian comedian and actor.
- Krushna’s mother died right after giving birth to his younger sister, Arti Singh.
- After his mother’s death, Arti was brought up by his mother’s sister-in-law, Geeta Singh in Lucknow, whereas Krushna stayed with his father in Mumbai. In an interview, Arti shared the reason behind using different surname from his brother, Krushna, she said,
My mother Padma passed away soon after my birth. While breathing her last, she asked her best friend, who was also her cousin bhabhi, to take care of me. Thus, I grew up with her in Lucknow. She showered me with so much love and affection that I never realised I was adopted. I continue to use her surname ‘Singh’.”
- Krushna has many famous celebrity relatives including his maternal uncle, Govinda. Some of his cousins are Vinay Anand, Ragini Khanna, Amit Khanna, Arjun Singh, Soumya Seth, and Aryan Singh.
- While shooting for the Hindi film, ‘Aur Pappu Pass Ho Gaya’ in 2006, Krushna met Kashmera Shah for the first time. At that time, Kashmera had filed divorce from her first husband, Brad Listermann. Initially, Krushna’s family members were not happy with his relationship with Kashmera as she was a divorcee and was eleven years older to Krushna.
- In 2006, while Kashmira was in Bigg Boss she talked about her love affair with Krushna for the first time. Krushna and Kashmera stayed in a live-in relationship for many years and secretly got married in June 2012.
- Krushna proposed Kashmera on the sets of Nach Baliye while rumours of his closeness with Tanushree Dutta was heating up.
- Kashmera was spotted wearing sindoor in an event in 2014, and later, Krushna and Kashmera revealed that they had secretly got married. In an interview, Krushna and Kashmera said that they hide their marriage as Krushna’s family was not happy with their marriage, they further said,
We got married at 11.30 am at a church one hour away from Las Vegas. We didn’t even have the time to do proper shopping.”
- They got married in a Christian ceremony at the same place where Kashmera got married for the first time.
- Krushna has appeared in various Bhojpuri films, including ‘Sathi Sanghatee’ (2002), ‘Kahe Bansuriya Bajaye’ (2002), ‘Mumbai Che Pahune’ (2007), ‘Sajnwa Anadi Sajania Khiladi’ (2007), ‘Rang Barse Ganga Kinaar’ (2008), and ‘Hamar Rajau Daroga No. 1’ (2009).
- He has acted in many Hindi films like ‘Jahan Jaaeyega Hamen Paaeyega’ (2007), ‘Bol Bachchan’ (2012), Entertainment (2014), ‘Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3’ (2016), and ‘O Pushpa I Hate Tears’ (2020).
- He gained immense popularity with the TV comedy shows, including ‘Comedy Circus 2’ (2008), ‘Comedy Circus 3’ (2009), ‘Comedy Circus 3’ (2009) in which he was paired with Sudesh Lehri.
- Krushna Abhishek and Sudesh Lehri’s comic jodi got very popular, and they were recognised as Krushna-Sudesh (as one name).
- He has appeared with his wife, Kashmera in various TV shows, like ‘Nach Baliye 3’ (2007), ‘Kabhi Kabhii Pyaar Kabhi Kabhii Yaar’ (2008), and ‘Love Lock Up’ (2011).
- He participated in the dance reality show, ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4’ in 2010 along with the choreographer, Robin Merchant.
- He judged the dance reality show. ‘Krazzy Kiya Re’ (2015) aired on DD National.
- He has hosted the History TV’s show, ‘OMG! Yeh Mera India’ (2016).
- In 2017, he played different comic characters in the comedy show, ‘The Drama Company.’
- He became a household name in India with his character Sapna Lal Nalasoparia in the popular Indian comedy show, ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ in 2018.
- In June 2017, Krushna became the proud father of two sons who were born through surrogacy, and initially, they were in neo-natal care. On having kids, Krushna said,
I’ve become more responsible. I’ve never been an actor who relies on his producers. I’ve always been in such a position that I can walk off anytime. I never had the fear of a show not working or being ousted from it. But after having kids, I get that feeling. I’m no longer as carefree; there is a fear that keeps me in check.”
- He shared why he was named Abhishek, in an interview, he said,
My mother was a huge fan of Amitabh Bachchan. And when I was born. She named me after Amitabh’s son. But when I came into the industry, people used to say, ‘Abhishek is other hero’s name, so you change your name’. So, I rechristened myself as Krushna. During the filming of ‘Bol Bachchan’ I told Abhishek Bachchan that I was named Abhishek because of him and that I had to change my name because of him.
- He uses the name “Krushna” instead of “Krishna” on the advice of a numerologist.
- When he was a kid, he appeared on the poster of the Bollywood film, ‘Hatya’ (1988) holding a leg of Govinda.
- Krushna shared a photo on his Instagram with Farah Khan and wrote the caption,
Today, I found a very old picture of mine and Farah ma’am. We were neighbours. Really miss my childhood at Juhu Tara road, our filmy building. My father was a vegetarian so I used to chup chap eat non-veg at Farah mam’s house. This is our home picture. Love you, Farah didi.”
- He talked about his struggling days, in an interview, he said,
It is not like that, I had to struggle a lot. If the background was of any help, then I would have been launched by David Dhawan; so filmy connections do not help… it is your own struggle. My career in films did not take off well so I chose to do TV. I knew success is not easy here and I have worked hard for it. After a successful film or a TV show, the following show or film movie might fail, and one needs the courage to face failure. My uncle (Govinda) never recommended my name to anyone. He used to say, ‘If you fall in a pit, only then will you get up on your own’. Today when he sees my success, he feels very proud. I never let stardom to my head because I know people will push away a person who was famous 10 years ago to take a picture with the current star.”
- In an interview, he talked about his poor financial condition, he said,
Asserting that he is self-respecting Krishna says, “Even when my father had to sell our flat due to financial problems, I did’nt ask help from Govinda uncle. Today, I’ve bought my own flat. When my Bhojpuri producers hinted that I should get my uncle in for a special appearance, I told them that I’d come up on my own steam rather than by exploiting my uncle.”
- He is a dog lover and has a pet dog, Boo.