|Full Name||Russell Arunbhai Mehta|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||Year, 1960|
|Age (as in 2018)||58 Years|
|Birthplace||Bhavnagar, Gujarat, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|College/University||University of Mumbai, Mumbai
Gemological Institute of America, Carlsbad, California, USA
Diploma in Diamonds
|Address||A bunglow in South- Mumbai|
|Controversies||• Being one of the six alleged beneficiaries of a trust, his name was surfaced in a verdict by the Bombay High Court in 2016 when the court suspended the writ petition filed by an NRI — an alleged beneficiary of the same trust linked to an account with HSBC Geneva — after she refused to sign the “consent waiver” form to let HSBC share the information on the account in order to escape the investigation by tax Indian authorities.
• As per media records, their company- Rosy Blue took Appleby's (an offshore legal services provider) help to intervene in a bank fraud that targeted one of its offshore entities. In September 2010, they also show that Rosy Blue reached an out-of-court settlement that involved assurances of payment of up to $14 million.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Parents||Father- Arun Ramniklal Mehta (Chairman of Rosy Blue group of Companies)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Children||Son- Viraj Mehta
Daughters- Diya Mehta, Shloka Mehta
|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Turnover (approx.)||₹4000 Crore (as in 2011-12)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Russell Mehta
- Russell Mehta was born into a Gujarati family in Bhavnagar and initially, his father used to do cotton farming.
- He is now an Indian diamantaire and the managing director of the company- ‘Rosy Blue’, one of the world’s largest diamond jewellery companies and owns the retail brand- ‘Orra’.
- More than 50 years ago, their company began trading as ‘B Arunkumar’ and still continues to be a leading, trusted and successful suppliers in the diamond industry.
- Rosy Blue has 2 legal entities- Rosy Blue (India); operating in India, and Rosy Blue investments Sarl; active in the rest of the world.
- Rosy Blue India’s jewellery manufacturing arm is Inter Gold, which is one of the largest diamond jewellery companies in the world.
- Rosy Blue has more than 30 stores all over India and they also have a stronghold in the international market as they have their diamond trade in 12 other countries around the world.
- Russell’s youngest brother-in-law, Dilip Mehta was chosen by his father, Arun Mehta to launch the Antwerp’s (Belgium) unit of Rosy Blue and also asked him to look after Rosy Blue’s business in Dubai.
- His eldest daughter is married into Amit Jatia’s family (Mc Donald’s franchise holder for India) and his youngest daughter- Shloka Mehta is marrying- Akash Ambani, the eldest son of Mukesh Ambani.
- His wife Mona is a close relative of fugitive jeweller Nirav Modi.