Age: 31 Years
Wife: Shloka Mehta
Education: Graduation In Economics
|Full Name||Akash Mukesh Ambani|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 70 kg
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||23 October 1991|
|Age (as of 2022)||31 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School(s)||Campion School, Mumbai
Dhirubhai Ambani International School, Mumbai, India
|College/University||Brown University, Rhode Island, United States|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Economics from Brown University, Rhode Island, United States|
|Family||Father- Mukesh Ambani (Chairman and Founder at Reliance Industries Limited)
Mother- Nita Ambani (Chairperson and Founder at Reliance Foundation)
Brother- Anant Ambani (younger)
Sisters- Isha Ambani (twin sister)
|Caste||Vaishya (Gujarati Modh Bania)|
|Hobbies||Playing Cricket, Watching Documentaries, Sailing, Doing Photography|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Shloka Mehta (Businesswoman)|
|Engagement Date||24 March 2018|
|Marriage Date||December 2018 (with Shloka Mehta)|
|Marriage Place||Jio World Centre (JWC), Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai, Maharashtra
|Children||• Akash Ambani and Shloka Mehta welcomed their first child together, a son named Prithvi, on 10 December 2020.
• They welcomed their second child, a baby girl named Veda, on 31 May 2023. India Today
|Cars Collection||Bentley Bentayga (priced at ₹3.85 crores), Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe, Range Rover Vogue, Mercedes Benz G63 AMG, W221 Mercedes Benz S-Class, BMW 5-Series, BMW i8, BMW 760 Li, W222 Mercedes Benz S-Class|
|Net Worth (as of 2018)||$40.1 billion (Rs. 2,60,622 crore)
Note: this net worth is of his father, Mukesh Ambani
|House/Estate||Stoke Park, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom (Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Industries Ltd bought this iconic country club and luxury golf resort of Britain for 57 million pounds (about Rs. 592 crorer. The Hindu Reportedly, he bought this property for his for older son Akash Ambani. NDTV|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Akash Ambani
- He was born to India’s richest family “Ambani Family” in Mumbai.
- Isha Ambani is his twin sister.
- During his initial school days, he had no idea that he belonged to India’s richest family, and he first understood who they really were when he wrote an essay on Reliance for a business and management course in 11th standard.
- He studied Economics at the Brown University in Rhode Island, United States.
- Akash interned with his father at their family business.
- He fell for the Arsenal Football Club during the 2005 FA Cup Final between Arsenal and Manchester United at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, where Arsenal’s captain Patrick Vieira scored the final penalty in the shootout.
- In 2014, he was inducted to the boards of directors of Reliance Retail and Jio.
- He started working four days later of his graduation. It was a 60-person start-up team, which later gave birth to Jio.
- According to Akash, his first exposure to work was given by his mother with the Mumbai Indians.
- He is an avid Cricketer and remains closely involved with the family-owned IPL franchise- Mumbai Indians.
- Like his younger brother Anant Ambani, Akash has also gone through obesity. However, after following a strict fitness regime, he has overcome that.
- In December 2015, he led the launch of Jio’s 4G services in India along with his sister Isha Ambani.
- He loves collecting sports souvenirs and owns a couple of rare Arsenal jerseys and Sunil Gavaskar’s bat from the 1983 World Cup Final.
- In March 2018, his engagement with his schoolmate Shloka Mehta, the youngest daughter of diamantaire Russell Mehta, made headlines. They got engaged at a plush five-star resort in Goa on 24 March 2018.
- On 27 June 2022, Mukesh Ambani resigned from the board of Reliance Jio and handed over the reins of the company to Akash Ambani. The Hindu
- On 28 August 2023, Akash Ambani, along with Isha Ambani and Anant Ambani, joined the board of Reliance Industries Limited as a non-executive director.