|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 11”
|Debut||Oriya Film: Pagala Premi (2007, as Surya)
Telugu Film: Neerajanam (2017)
Bengali Film: Raktomukhi Neela (2019)
Song: Pilata Bigidigala (2015)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||Odisha State Film Award for Best Actor
• For the film Pagala Premi (2007)
• For the film Emiti Bi Prema Hue (2012)
Filmfare Awards East for Best Actor
• For the film Mu Eka Tumara (2013)
• For the film Smile Please (2014)
Tarang Cine Award for Best Actor
• For the film Smile Please (2014)
• For the film Pilata Bigidi Gala (2015)
Tarang Cine Utsav Award
• In the category of Best Jodi, along with Elina Samantray, for the film Tokata Fasigala (2018)
• In the category of Best Dramebaaz of the Year (2019)
|Date of Birth||6 October 1985 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||36 Years|
|College/University||Silicon Institute of Technology in Bhubaneswar, Odisha|
|Educational Qualification||B.Tech in Electronics Facebook|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||1 March 2021 (Monday)
|Wife/Spouse||• Seema Mishra (Teacher in an engineering college) (2008-2015)
• Archita Sahu (Odia Film Actress) (As of 2021)
|Parents||Father- Surendra Prasad Mishra (A Civil Servant)
Mother- Sushama Mishra (Writer)
|Siblings||Brother- Soumya Kanta Mishra (Telecom Engineer)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sabyasachi Mishra
- Sabyasachi Mishra is an Indian actor who has predominantly worked in the Odia film Industry. Apart from Odia language films, he has also starred in Bengali, Tamil, and Telugu language films.
- He ventured into the entertainment industry as a small screen actor and has appeared in more than 200 music videos. He starred in various Odia, Bhojpuri, Bengali, Chatishgadi, and Panjabi music videos.
- In 2008, he was critically acclaimed for his performance in the Odia film ‘Mu Sapanara Soudagar’ in which he played the antagonist Omm, a psychopath.
- In 2012, he came into the limelight with the Odia film ‘Emiti Bi Prema Hue’ in which he played the role of Amar. In 2013, he played the role of Raju, in the romantic drama film ‘Mu Eka Tumara.’ The film went on to win the Best Odia Film Award, and Sabyasachi won the Best Actor Award at the Filmfare Awards East (2013).
- Sabyasachi Mishra is a philanthropist who has worked on various social welfare projects in collaboration with Smile Please, an NGO with a mission to help underprivileged and poor people.
- In 2015, he promoted the annual children’s festival Anjali for which the actor, along with a giant-sized smiley named Happy, paraded around the city of Bhubaneshwar in Odisha, meeting children and conducting interactive sessions. The festival aims at bridging the gap between children with disabilities and mainstream society by providing them with an opportunity to showcase their talents.
- In 2017, when he was selected as the brand ambassador of team Deccan Chargers in IPL, it paved the way for his Tollywood debut Neerajanam (2017) in which he played the role of a non-serious aimless singer who falls in love with a girl, suffering from a mental disorder. In an interview, he shared,
I used to travel with the team for promotional activities in various cities across South India. That’s how I got the opportunity to meet a lot of filmmakers and producers from Tollywood. A few of them showed interest in working with me and here I am.”
Although Neerajanam (2017) was primarily released in the Telugu language, later, it was also dubbed in Tamil and Odia.
- Sabyasachi Mishra considers himself half Telugu as his grandparents hailed from Anakapalle (Andhra Pradesh). In an interview, while sharing his childhood memories, he said,
As a kid, I used to visit Anakapalle during vacations and have many fond childhood memories of the time I spent there. Both my parents and I speak Telugu, so I actually consider myself half Telugu.”
- Other blockbuster films that starred Sabyasachi include Pilata Bigidigala (2015), Hela Mate Prema Jara (2016), Tokata Fasigala (2018), and Mal Mahu Jiban Mati (2019).
- Apart from being a celebrated Odia film Actor, Sabyasachi is also a skillful singer who made his debut as a singer when he lent his voice for the titular song of the film Pilata Bigidigala (2015). His song Maya re Baya (2018) went viral on social media and gained massive popularity among the Youth.
- Sabyasachi Mishra earned the title of Outlook’s Person Of The Year (2020) for his benevolence. During the national lockdown due to the Coronavirus pandemic, Mishra helped hundreds of students, women, and migrants, who were stranded in other states, by providing them medical supplies and ration, and arranging transportation.
- On 1 March 2021, he tied the knot with Odia film actress Archita Sahu in an intimate ceremony held at The Neemrana Fort Palace Hotel in Jaipur, Rajasthan. The couple has been making waves with their on-screen romance in blockbuster films Mu Sapanara Soudagar (2008), Pagala Karichi Paunji Tora (2009), Mu Eka Tumara (2013), Smile Please (2014), Hela Mate Premo Jara (2016), etc.