Husband: Sabyasachi Mishra
Age: 30 Years
|Physical Stats & More|
|The New Indian Express Height||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Debut||Oriya Film: O My Love (2005) as Puja
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Won Best Newcomer Award (2005) for the film O My Love (2005)
• Won Best Actor Award (Female) for the film To Bina Mo Kahani Adha at Omshree Awards (2007)
• Won Best Actor Award (female) at Etv Oriya Film Awards (2012) for the film Chocolate (2011)
• Won Best Actress Award at Odisha State Film Awards (2011) for the film Chocolate (2011)
• Won Best Actress Award at Odisha State Film Awards (2013) for the film ACP Sagarika (2013)
• Won Filmfare (Oriya) Award in the category of Best Actress for the film Mu Eka Tumara (2013)
• Won Best Actress Award at the 6th Tarang Cine Awards (2015) for the film Smile Please (2014)
• Won Amrish Puri Award of Excellence (2019) at New Delhi for her contribution in the field of art and culture
|Date of Birth||29 June 1990 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||30 Years|
|Birthplace||Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India|
|Hometown||Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India|
|School||Demonstration Multipurpose School, Bhubaneswar|
|College/University||• Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar
• Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidyalaya Mandal
|Educational Qualification||• Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology KIIT
• Visharad (Masters) in Odissi Outlook India
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||1 March 2021
|Husband/Spouse||Sabyasachi Mishra (Odia Film Actor)
|Parents||Father-Name Not Known
|Siblings||Sister- Arpita Sahu (Banker)
|Food||Chhena Poda, Chingudi Jhola, Blueberry Icecream|
|Singer(s)||Rituraj Mohanty, Krishna Beura|
|Holiday Destination||Bangkok, Thailand|
|Miss India||Priyanka Chopra|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Archita Sahu
- Archita Sahu is an Indian actress who has predominantly worked in Odia film Industry. She is best known for appearing in the films Babu I Love You (2006), Akashe Ki Ranga Lagila (2009), Chocolate (2011), and Mu Eka Tumara (2013).
- Since childhood, she was inclined towards performing arts and started learning Odissi Dance at the age of six. Being a trained classical dancer, she also won a national scholarship in Odissi dance. After completing her Visharad (Masters) in Odissi, Archita began her journey as a classical dancer.
- In 2004, she won the title of ‘Miss Kalinga’. While she was studying in 10th standard, she won the title of Miss Hot Shot Model (2005), which paved the way for her Ollywood debut.
- She made her acting debut in 2005 when she played the role of Puja in the Odia film ‘O My Love,’ which earned her the accolade of Best Female New Comer. She gained recognition with the film Babu I Love You (2006) in which she played the role of Bijuli, the love interest of the forest officer Akash.
- In 2011, she came into the limelight with the film Chocolate in which she played the role of Jasmin. Chocolate (2011) was roughly based on the American film A Walk to Remember (2002) in which a rebellious high school senior falls in love with a naive girl suffering from blood cancer.
- In 2012, she was selected as the brand ambassador of team Deccan Chargers in IPL 5.
- In 2013, she played the role of Chitra, a young girl who falls in love with a speech-impaired servant working in her house, in the romantic drama film ‘Mu Eka Tumara.’ The film went on to win the Best Odia Film Award, and Archita won the Best Actor (Female) Award at the Filmfare Awards East (2013).
- She secured herself the position of first runners up in the beauty pageant Pond’s Femina Miss India Kolkata (2013). During the finale, she earned the titles of Miss Talented and Miss Stylish Hair. She also won the title of Lakme Absolute Femina Miss Eyeconic Eyes during the state pageant.
- Archita is the only Odia actress who has thrice won the State Award in the category of Best Actress, awarded by the Government of Odisha.
- Archita is the Odisha-state brand ambassador for UNICEF and the Government of Odisha for the cause of eradication of child labour. She also works with Prerna, a Bhubaneswar-based NGO that works on environmental causes.
- Her other prominent works include ACP Sagarika (2013), Smile Please (2014), and Pilata Bigidigala (2015).
- On 1 March 2021, Archita Sahu got married to the celebrated Odia actor Sabyasachi Mishra in an intimate ceremony held at The Neemrana Fort Palace Hotel in Jaipur, Rajasthan. The couple has been making waves with their on-screen romance sine their first film Mu Sapanara Soudagar (2008). Together, they worked in various films like Pagala Karichi Paunji Tora (2009), Mu Eka Tumara (2013), Smile Please (2014), and Hela Mate Premo Jara (2016).