Age: 51 Years
Marital Status: Married
|Political Party||Aam Aadmi Party
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Date of Birth||22 March 1972 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||51 Years|
|Birthplace||Sultanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Sultanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|College/University||Orissa School of Mining Engineering|
|Educational Qualification||Diploma in Mining Engineering|
|Family||Father- Name Not Known (Government Teacher)
Mother- Name Not Known (Government Teacher)
Brother- Name Not Known (Engineer in America)
Sister- Not Known
|Hobbies||Reading, watching movies & Travelling|
|Controversies||Suspension from Rajya Sabha: On 24 July 2023, he was suspended from the Rajya Sabha for remainder of Monsoon session. He was suspended for unruly behaviour. Leader of the House Piyush Goyal moved the motion for his suspension. The Times of India
Booked in Money Laundering Case: On 4 October 2023, Sanjay Singh was arrested by the Enforcement Directorate in connection to a money laundering case, which was linked to the Delhi liquor policy. According to reports, Sanjay was arrested after being interrogated for over 10 hours at his residence in Delhi. While being taken into the custody, Sanjay talked to the media and said that he had often talked about Narendra Modi and Gautam Adani's corruption, but no action was taken against him. He added that the ED was arresting him on no grounds. India Today He said,
I have been constantly speaking about Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Gautam Adani and their corruption. I have even registered several complaints against Adani's corruption to the ED. No action was taken against it. But today, ED suddenly raided my house. They found nothing, despite that, they are arresting me."
Arvind Kejriwal, on the other hand, later took to social media where he called Sanjay Singh's arrest illegal.
|Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Dilip Kumar|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Salary||224 INR/month (as per Income Tax Return Filed in 2016-17)
|Net Worth (approx.)||1-2 crores INR|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sanjay Singh
- Sanjay Singh is a social activist and worked for the rights of hawkers for 16 years before joining the Aam Aadmi Party.
- He did his first ‘Andolan’, fighting for the rights of the people and against the practice of corruption in Keonjhar, Odisha, India.
- 1994, he started an organisation called ‘Sultanpur Samaj Sewa Sangathan’. He started working amongst the poor, organizing blood donation camps, health camps and campaigning for people’s rights.
- He also worked with the ‘Azad Sewa Samiti’, which later became a part of the National Hawkers’ Association.
- He is known as the ‘Sankat Mochan’ of the Aam Aadmi Party and he emerged as a trusted lieutenant of Aam Aadmi Party. He has emerged as the proprietor when it comes to tricky negotiations and conflict resolution.
- In 2002, He began working with Sandeep Pandey, and through their 2007 anti-Coca Cola agitation got associated with Medha Patkar, Ashgar Ali Engineer (Social Activist) and Ram Punyani ( former professor, IIT Bombay).
- In 2011, he worked with Arvind Kejriwal after getting associated with Anna Hazare’s campaign of India Against Corruption (IAC). He was asked to lead a five-day protest in Sultanpur, Rae Bareli and Amethi and when the campaign took its momentum, he was inducted as one of the National Executives of India Against Corruption.
- To establish the image of Aam Aadmi Party at the grass-roots level, he travelled many kilometres in the States of Uttar Pradesh and Punjab to lead the party promotions.
- Until 2017, he had never contested any elections. However, he actively participated in various State Assembly Elections supporting the candidates of Aam Aadmi Party.
- In 2018, he got the nomination of the Upper House of the Indian Democracy for the Rajya Sabha elections.
- Here is the video of an interview with Sanjay Singh, in which he is talking about his journey of life.