|Other name||Sharanya KS Facebook- Saranya Sasi|
|Nickname||Sharu Facebook- Saranya Sasi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 161 cm
in meters- 1.61 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 3”
|Debut||Film (Malayalam): Chacko Randaaman (2006)
TV (Malayalam): Sooryodayam (2006) aired on Doordarshan
|Date of Birth||15 March 1986 (Saturday)|
|Date of Death||9 August 2021|
|Place of Death||A local hospital in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala|
|Age (at the time of death)||35 Years|
|Death Cause||COVID-19 Complications The Indian Express|
|School||Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Kerala|
|College/University||University of Calicut, Kerala Facebook- Saranya Sasi|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Divorced (rumoured) Malayalam Samayam|
|Engagement Date||21 April 2014
|Marriage Date||26 October 2014|
|Marriage Place||• Sree Narayana Seva Sabha Temple in Kochi, Kerala (marriage)
• Rotary Club Panambilly Nagar in Kochi, Kerala (reception)
|Husband/Spouse||Binu Xavier (production associate)
|Parents||Names Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- She had a brother.
Sister- Shreya Praveen
Some Lesser Known Facts About Saranya Sasi
- Saranya Sasi was an Indian actress who worked mainly in Malayalam films and TV serials.
- She acted in various Malayalam TV serials like ‘Harichandanam’ (2010), ‘Avakashikal’ (2011), and ‘Kootukari’ (2014).
- She appeared in a few Malayalam films including ‘Chotta Mumbai’ (2007), ‘Thalappavu’ (2008), and ‘Annamariya Kalippilanu’ (2016).
- She battled with cancer for almost a decade which was detected in 2012. Later, she underwent 11 surgeries to remove the tumour which affected her physically and mentally. According to some media sources, her husband left her in that phase, and later, he got married to some other girl. Malayalam Samayam During that phase, she faced various financial problems, and at that time her best friend Seema Nair helped her and became her support system until Sasi’s demise.
- After getting recovered from the COVID-19, she was detected with a few complications like pneumonia and other respiratory issues in 2021. She could not survive long and passed away on 9 August 2021. On her demise, the chief minister of Kerala Pinarayi Vijayan shared his grief through his Facebook account. He wrote,
Saranya’s battle with cancer without letting go of her self-confidence has generated inspiration and optimism for our society. When Kerala suffered monsoon-related damages, Saranya showed her social commitment and her care for other people by taking out money meant for her treatment and donating it to the CM relief fund. I join in the grief of her friends and family.”
- Saranya Sasi was a spiritual person and often visited temples.
- She created her YouTube channel titled ‘CityLights-Sharanya’s Vlog’ amid the coronavirus pandemic. She uploaded videos related to food recipes. and her personal life on her YouTube channel. As of August 2021, she had 493k subscribers on her YouTube channel.