|Real Name||Satya Pal Malik|
|Famous For||Being the Governor of Jammu & Kashmir|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.7 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 95 kg
in pounds- 210 lbs
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|Political Party||BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party)|
|Political Journey||• 1974: He joined Lok Dal
• 1974: Became the MLA of the Bhartiya Kranti Dal from Baghpat in Uttar Pradesh
• 1984: Joined Congress
• 1984: Became Rajya Sabha MP
• 1987: Resigned from the Party after the Bofors Scam
• 1988: He joined VP Singh-led Janata Dal
• 1989: Became an MP from Aligarh'
• 2004: He joined the BJP
• 2017: Became the Governor of Bihar
• 2018: Became the Interim Governor of Odisha for two months
• 2018: Became the Governor of Jammu and Kashmir
|Date of Birth||25 December 1946|
|Age (as in 2017)||71 Years|
|Birthplace||Hisawada, United Provinces, British India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricon|
|Hometown||Baghpat, Uttar Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification||LLB, B.Sc, Diploma in Parliamentary Affairs|
|Hobbies||Reading, Listening to Music, Photography|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||14 December 1970|
|Wife/Spouse||Iqbal Malik (Agriculturist)|
|Parents||Father- Budh Singh
Mother- Name Not Known
|Favourite Politician||Narendra Modi|
|Assets/Properties||• Deposits in Banks: ₹19 Lakh
• Bonds, Debentures and Shares: ₹2 Lakh
• Jewellery: ₹1 Lakh
• Houses: ₹40 Lakh
• Agricultural Land: ₹13 Lakh
|Salary (approx.)||₹3,50,000 (as the Governor of J&K)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹76 Lakh (As Per 2004)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Satya Pal Malik
- He was born to a very poor family in a village, Hisawada, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh.
- He joined politics at a very young age. He started as a student socialist leader and went on to become the Vice President of BJP.
- In 1968, he participated in World Youth Festival in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- He was a student leader in Meerut College and became an MLA of Charan Singh’s Bhartiya Kranti Dal from Baghpat in Uttar Pradesh in 1974.
- In 1984, he left the party and joined Congress and became its Rajya Sabha MP. Though he left the party after three years in the wake of the Bofors Scam.
- He then joined VP Singh-led Janata Dal in 1988. In 1989, he became an MP from Aligarh on its ticket.
- In the VP Singh’s cabinet, he became the Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs and Tourism.
- In 2004, he joined BJP and lost the Lok Sabha election against the former Prime Minister, Charan Singh’s son Ajit Singh.
- In 2014, BJP President Amit Shah named Malik as one of the 11 Vice Presidents of the Party.
- In September 2017, he became the 33rd Governor of Bihar and served the office till 21 August 2018.
- On 21 March 2018, he was handed the additional charge of Odisha as its Governor, where he served till 28 May 2018.
- On 21 August 2018, he was appointed as the Governor of Jammu and Kashmir by the President Ram Nath Kovind.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)