|Famous Role||Amrita in Naaginn on Zee TV (2007-2009)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 53 kg
in Pounds- 117 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-24-35|
|Debut||Film Debut: Raju Uncle (Bengali, 2005)
TV Debut: Kumkum-Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan (On Star Plus in 2002)
|Date of Birth||6 September 1985 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||36 Years|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in English Literature Pink Villa|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||5 December 2021
|Husband||Anugrah Tiwari (Works in fitness industry)
|Parents||Father- Not Known
Mother- Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Somrik Ghosh|
|TV Shows||Indian: Comedy Nights Bachao (Colors TV)
American: So You Think You Can Dance (Fox)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sayantani Ghosh
- Sayantani Ghosh is an Indian actress who predominantly works in Indian television. She is also a model and a dancer. She won the title of Miss Calcutta and appeared in the titular role in the famous daytime drama titled Kumkum – Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan in 2006 on the Star Plus channel. Sayantani Ghosh is best known for working in popular television shows including Naaginn, Mahabharat, Naamkarann, and Naagin 4. Sayantani Ghosh was one of the contestants of the Indian television reality shows Bigg Boss 6 in 2012. In 2020, she began working as a lead actress in the television series named Tera Yaar Hoon Main aired on Sony SAB.
- Sayantani started her acting career in 2002 by playing the supporting role of Antara in the TV show Kumkum – Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan.
- In 2005, Sayantani Ghosh made her debut in the Bengali movie titled Raju Uncle. In 2006, she starred in two more Bengali movies named Swapno and Sangharsha. In 2013, Sayantani Ghosh was featured in the song Dhoka Dhoka in the Bollywood film Himmatwala.
- In 2009, she began working as the main cast in the television show Naaginn as Amrita on Zee TV. In 2010, she appeared in a guest role on the Sony channel’s show Adaalat as Pranali Gujral.
- In 2008, Sayantani Ghosh joined the television reality show named Ek Se Badhkar Ek. Following this, in 2012, she participated in the Indian reality show Bigg Boss Season 6. She was evicted out of the Bigg Boss house in the third week. In 2014, Sayantani Ghosh became one of the contestants of the Indian dance reality show Dare 2 Dance telecasted on the Life OK channel. In 2015, Sayantani Ghosh appeared on the shows Comedy Nights with Kapil on the Sony channel and Comedy Classes on the Life OK channel.
- In 2019, Sayantani Ghosh made her theatre debut with a theatre show titled Ovee- A Haunted Hostel.
- In a conversation with a media house, Sayantani Ghosh stated that only a good artist on the television screen could decide the long race. She described,
Everyone wants Stardom, Face, Money. You can become a horse of a long race only if you are a good artist. It is going to be 14 years for me in acting. I love this profession very much, I want to play more good characters.”
- Sayantani Ghosh is a social media influencer. She is followed by 767k followers on her Instagram account. She often endorses various beauty and commercial products on her social media. She is followed by more than 37k people on her Twitter handle.
- Sayantani Ghosh characterized her versatile acting skills in various Indian television serials by playing different characters. In a conversation with a media house, she said that looks did not matter for fictional stories. She said,
Ideally, looks should not matter, for, unlike a biopic, fiction does not call for physical similarities. I want to be known as a versatile actor, essaying many varied roles over the years( Kumkum – Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan, Naaginn, Mahabharat, Naamkarann, Naagin.”
- Sayantani Ghosh is a fitness enthusiast. She regularly posts her pictures while doing physical exercises at the gym.
- In April 2021, Sayantani Ghosh gave a statement in a leading Indian newspaper that when she was 17 0r 18 years old, a woman passed an unpleasant comment on her breasts when Sayantani Ghosh was attending a modelling shoot in Kolkata. Zee News She narrated,
One of the first instances that I recall is from when I was 17-18 and doing a modelling shoot in Kolkata. While we have always conceived models to be tall, skinny, and slim, I was slightly on the heavier side. A woman came up to me and passed a distasteful remark about my breasts. Often, I have seen that it’s not just men but even women who make us feel bad about our bodies. A lot of these issues stem from our conditioning and mentality which needs to change. We have so much modern tech at our disposal but if our thinking is still limited to how a person should look, then it’s sad.”
- Sayantani Ghosh’s first income was Rs. 800 that she earned from a modelling shoot.
- Various renowned newspapers, magazines, and tabloids often feature Sayantani Ghosh in their articles and columns.
- On 5 December 2021, Sayantani Ghosh got married to her long time boyfriend Anugrah Tiwari. They were in a relationship for eight years before getting married to each other. The marriage took place at Anugrah’s home town ‘Jaipur.’ Sayantani Ghosh posted the news of her marriage on her Instagram account along with a caption. It read,
The best thing in life is to hold on to each other and here we are about to begin a new chapter in our lives. As we start our new journey, we have had an eternal blessing by my dida. The saree and my bangles that I’m wearing were given to me by her and it feels like she was a part of our celebration last night. Thank you Parama Ghosh for helping me with styling the blouse so last minute.”
- A video interview with Sayantani Ghosh in which she revealed about her first crush, her best friend, her first big fight, first audition, first compliment, and her first kiss.