Shaan (Singer) Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
Wife: Radhika Mukherjee
Age: 49 Years
|Real Name||Shantanu Mukherjee|
|Profession||Singer, Actor, Music Director and Anchor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 70 kg
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 38 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 14 Inches
|Date of Birth||30 September 1972|
|Age (as of 2021)||49 Years|
|Birthplace||Khandwa, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra India|
|Debut||Film Debut : Daman: A Victim of Marital Violence (2001)
Music Debut : Pyaar Mein Kabhi Kabhi (1999)
|Family||Father- Late Manas Mukherjee (Music Director)
Mother- Sonali Mukherjee (Singer) (died on 20 January 2022 "peacefully in her sleep") India Today
Sister- Sagarika Mukherjee (Elder, Singer)
|Controversies||He had a heated argument with singer Mika Singh during Star Plus's reality show Music Ka Maha Muqqabla.|
|Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan|
|Singer(s)||Kishore Kumar and Lata Mangeshkar|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
Son- Soham and Shubh
|Salary||2-3 Lacs/song (INR)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shaan
- Does Shaan smoke?: No
- Does Shaan drink alcohol?: No
- Shaan was born to a musical family as his father was a music director and his grandfather was a lyricist.
- He belongs to a Bengali Brahmin family background.
- Before becoming a professional singer he worked at a boutique shop.
- He was just 13 years old when he lost his father because of tobacco consumption.
- He made his singing debut in Bollywood at the age of 17 by singing a few lines in the song Kitni Hai Pyari Pyari Dosti from the film Parinda (1989).
- He got famous in ’90s with his re-mix songs of old Bollywood hits.
- His Hindi pop album Tandil Dil was a mega-hit, and for that, he won the 2000 MTV Asia Music Award.
- He won 2 Filmfare Awards: Chand Sifarish – Fanaa (2006) and Jab Se Tera Naina – Saawariya (2008).
- In 2011, he was honoured by New York City for his campaign against tobacco.
- He is the ambassador of Salaam Bombay NGO’s anti-tobacco campaign.
- He hosted shows like Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs, Amul STAR Voice of India, and Mirchi Music Awards.
- In 2013, he participated in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 6.
- On 28 October 2018, during his concert in Guwahati, he sang a Bengali song, after which an audience member threw a paper ball at him and asked him to stop singing and said, “This is Assam, not Bengal.”
My outcry was not directed to that One Individual but to all who are harbouring these ‘Regional Devide’ Sentiments!! The Youth must not fall into this trap #StayUnited https://t.co/Wl548iWF2U
— Shaan (@singer_shaan) October 29, 2018