Age: 61 Years
Education: MA In History
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shaktikanta Das
- Shaktikanta Das is an Indian bureaucrat who is known for his sprawling career of more than three decades in the All India Services.
- Apart from his native language Oriyan, he is well versed in English, Hindi, and Tamil also.
- After his schooling from Bhubaneshwar, he moved to Delhi for his further studies.
- Shaktikanta has been a student of History; both in his bachelor’s as well as in his master’s.
- After completing his post graduation from the St. Stephen’s College at the University of Delhi, Mr. Das started preparing for the Civil Service Examination, which he passed in 1980 and was allotted the Tamil Nadu Cadre in the Indian Administrative Service (IAS).
- After being inducted into the All India Services, he received in-service professional training in Financial Management in Institute Public Enterprises.
- He also underwent for a diploma in Basic Project Management the from Administrative Staff College of India.
- Mr. Das did mid-career level training from IIM Calcutta and two other courses in Programme Implementation from Himachal Pradesh Institute of Public Administration and Institute of Management in Government.
- As a Civil Servant, Mr. Das has served the Government of India in different capacities.
- After a long career of more than three decades, Shaktikanta Das was retired from the IAS in 2017.
- Post his retirement, Mr. Das played a crucial role in devising some important financial policies as a member of the 15th Finance Commission.
- After the demonetisation of ₹500 and ₹1000 currencies by the Narendra Modi Government in November 2016, Shaktikanta Das, along with Urjit Patel, launched the new ₹500 and ₹2000 currency notes.
- After the resignation of Urjit Patel from the post of the Governor of RBI, Shaktikanta Das was appointed as the 25th Governor of RBI by the Government of India on 11 December 2018.
- Click Here to view the video of Shaktikanta Das’ biography.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)