|Real Name||Shallu Oswal|
|Profession||Kuchipudi Dancer, Entrepreneur|
|Mentor/Guru||Raja Radha Reddy & Kaushalya Reddy|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 60 kg
in Pounds- 146 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-35|
|Date of Birth||Year- 1971|
|Age (as in 2017)||46 Years|
|Birth Place||Ludhiana, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Ludhiana, Punjab, India|
|School||A School in Ludhiana, Punjab|
|College||A College in Ludhiana, Punjab|
|Educational Qualification||A Degree in Economics
A Degree in Interior Designing
|Family||Father- Late Abhey Oswal (Businessman)
Mother- Aruna Oswal (Businesswoman)
Brothers- Pankaj Oswal (Businessman),
Shail Oswal (Businessman)
|Address||171, South Avenue, New Delhi - 110 011|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Doing Meditation, Doing Exercise, Reading, Listening to Music, Travelling|
|Favourite Kuchipudi Dancers||Raja Radha Reddy, Kaushalya Reddy, Yamini Reddy|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||Year 1994|
|Husband/Spouse||Naveen Jindal (Industrialist)
|Children||Son- Venkatesh Jindal
Daughter- Yashasvini Jindal (Classical Dancer)
|Net Worth (Family)||$5.1 Billion (as in 2016)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shallu Jindal
- She was born to a Businessman Family in Ludhiana, Punjab.
- Since her childhood, Shallu inclined towards Classical Dance forms of India.
- While studying in Ludhiana, she started taking Kathak classes from a local Kathak trainer.
- Shallu won many prizes in Kathak at school and college level Youth Festivals.
- At the age of 23, she tied the knot with Naveen Jindal in the year 1994. It was an arranged marriage.
- In 2001, she was on a pilgrimage to Tirupati. While waiting outside the temple, she saw the noted Kuchipudi exponent Raja Radha Reddy sitting in a corner of the temple. Shallu had heard a lot about him and had also watched many of his dance performances, in fact, she was in awe of his Kuchipudi dance. She couldn’t resist herself meeting Raja Radha Reddy. She approached him and introduced herself as a great admirer of him. She requested him to train her in Kuchipudi and he agreed to become her mentor.
- At the age of 32, Shallu gave her first Kuchipudi performance at Delhi’s India Habitat Centre.
- Now, she has become a face of Kuchipudi for India and has dedicated her life to promoting Kuchipudi. She practices her art for about 3 hours every day.
- Contrary to Sanskrit and Telugu, Shallu performs Kuchipudi in Hindi and Urdu.
- Besides heading the CSR arm of her husband’s Jindal Steel & Power, she is president of OpenSpace Jindal Foundation.
- Here is a glimpse of Shallu Jindal’s life:
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)