|Real Name||Naveen Jindal|
|Profession||Industrialist & Politician|
|Party||Indian National Congress (INC)
|Political Journey||• In 2004, elected as a Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha) from Kurukshetra constituency of Haryana.
• In 2009, re-elected to the Loka Sabha from Kurukshetra constituency.
• In 2014, lost the Loka Sabha election from Kurukshetra constituency.
|Biggest Rival||Abhay Singh Chautala|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 75 kg
in Pounds- 165 lbs
|Date of Birth||9 March 1970|
|Age (as in 2017)||47 Years|
|Birth Place||Hisar, Haryana, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Hisar, Haryana, India|
|School||Campus School Hisar, Haryana
Delhi Public School, Mathura Road, New Delhi, India
Sawan Public School, Chattarpur Road, New Delhi
|College/University||Hans Raj College, University of Delhi, New Delhi, India
The University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, Texas, United States
|Educational Qualifications||A.I.S.S.E. (Class 10th) in 1985 from Delhi Public School (DPS)
A.I.S.S.E. (Class 12th) in 1987 from Sawan Public School, Chattarpur Road, New Delhi
B.Com (Hons.) in 1990 from University of Delhi
MBA in 1992 from The University of Texas at Dallas, United States of America
|Family||Father- Om Prakash Jindal (Former Industrialist & Politician)
Mother- Savitri Jindal (Politician)
Brothers- Sajjan Jindal, Ratan Jindal, Prithviraj Jindal
Sisters- Seema Jajodia, Nirmala Goel, Saroj Bhartia, Urmila Bhuwalka, Sarika Jhunjhunwala
|Hobbies||Playing Polo, Doing Yoga, Reading, Travelling|
|Controversies||• In 2012, his name appeared in the alleged Coalgate Scam. In 1998, BJP ruled NDA Government had allotted coal blocks to Jindal Power Limited (JPL) followed by allocations under the UPA Government. Jindal Group became the largest beneficiary of coal block allocations. Allegations were made that despite having the cheapest coal, Jindal sold power at high prices.
• On 11 June 2013, CBI filed a charge sheet against Naveen Jindal and his Group for the alleged coal scam.
• In January 2015, Chhattisgarh High Court directed police to file a rape complaint against Naveen Jindal and his associates. However, the investigation highlighted that the allegations were fake.
• In October 2012, at a Press Conference, Jindal showed video evidence against Zee News officials in which they were trying to extort a sum of Rs 1 billion from Jindal for not running the story of Jindal being involved in the Coal scam. After he filed a case against the Zee News officials, 2 Zee News editors- Samir Ahluwalia and Sudhir Chaudhary were sent to jail.
|Favourite Sports||Polo, Skeet Shooting|
|Favourite Politicians||Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi, Manmohan Singh|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Shallu Jindal (Classical Dancer)
|Children||Son- Venkatesh Jindal
Daughter- Yashasvini Jindal (Classical Dancer)
|Net Worth||$5.1 Billion (as in 2016)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Naveen Jindal
- Does Naveen Jindal smoke?: Not Known
- Does Naveen Jindal drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He was born as the youngest child to Om Prakash Jindal (industrialist-philanthropist-politician).
- His father, Om Prakash Jindal, had served as the Minister of Power in the Government of Haryana.
- His mother, Savitri, has also remained a minister in Haryana Government till 2014.
- At the University of Texas at Dallas, he was the President of the Student Government and received the Student Leader of the Year Award.
- Jindal inclined towards politics in his student days and after completing his post graduation in the US, he returned to India and started managing his father’s political affairs.
- In his first Lok Sabha election in 2004, he defeated his nearest rival Abhay Singh Chautala by a margin of 1,30,000 votes.
- As a Member of Parliament, he moved a Private Member Bill in the Lok Sabha for a Food and Nutrition Security Scheme, which paved the way for the National Food Security Act (NFSA).
- While studying at the University of Texas at Dallas, Naveen Jindal used to display the Indian Flag whenever possible; as he was inspired by the American tradition in which displaying the national flag is considered as a mark of patriotism. However, when he returned to India and hoisted the Indian Flag at his factory premises in Raigarh (Chhattisgarh), the Bilaspur Commissioner objected as at that time a private citizen was allowed to fly the national flag only on two occasions- Independence Day and Republic Day.
- In February 1998, Jindal filed a writ petition in the Delhi High Court against the restrictions placed on him by the officials for displaying the national flag. Based on the report of the Dr. P.D. Shenoy Committee, the Government announced that citizens will be free to display/fly the National Flag of India on all days of the year from 26 January 2002.
- Naveen Jindal has introduced the concept of “Monumental Flags” in India. Now, one can see these gigantic flags flowing across several locations in India.
- To instill pride among the Indian citizens, he established the Flag Foundation of India with his wife Shallu.
- He is a National Record holder in Skeet Shooting and has captained the Indian Team that won a Silver medal in the South Asian Federation Games in 2004.
- Jindal has also excelled in Polo and has won several laurels under his captaincy for JSPL’s Polo Team.
- Let’s have a glimpse of Naveen Jindal’s life through this video:
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)