|Real Name||Shane Robert Watson|
|Nickname||Watto and White shark|
|Profession||Australian Cricketer (All-rounder)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 0”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 93 kg
in Pounds- 205 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 44 Inches
- Waist: 34 Inches
- Biceps: 15 Inches
|Eye Colour||Light blue|
|International Debut||Test- 2 January 2005 vs Pakistan in Sydney
ODI- 24 March 2002 vs South Africa in Centurion
T20- 24 February 2006 vs South Africa in Johannesburg
#33(IPL, County Cricket)
|Domestic/State Team||Rajasthan Royals, Australia, New South Wales, Sydney Sixers, Brisbane Heat, Australians, Hobart Hurricanes, Canterbury, Sydney Thunder, Islamabad United, Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|Nature on field||Very Aggressive
|Likes to play against||New Zealand and India|
|Favourite Shot||Hit over mid-wicket|
|Records (main ones)||• Highest ODI score by an Australian batsman with unbeaten 185 off 96 balls against Bangladesh in 2011.
• 2nd highest number of 6's in a ODI innings with 15.
• He is the only player who had hit a half-century and take 3 wickets in a T20 match thrice.
• Had highest runs, wickets and sixes in 2012 World T20.
• Won 4 consecutive Man of the Match awards in ICC event.
• 1st player to hit a century and take a wicket in the same T20 match.
• Once ranked #1 for both batting and all-rounder rankings in T20
• Only player to have won the Man of the Tournament in IPL season twice.
• Only player to have won the Australian Player of the Year award for the Australian Test, ODI and T20I.
|Career Turning Point||Performance in the 2001-02 Pura Cup (Sheffield Shield).|
|Date of Birth||17 June 1981|
|Age (as in 2017)||36 Years|
|Birth Place||Ipswich, Queensland, Australia|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||Ipswich, Queensland, Australia|
|School||Ipswich Grammar School, Ipswich, Queensland|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father- Bob Watson
Mother- Barb Watson
Sisters- Nicole Watson
|Hobbies||Playing guitar and singing|
|Controversies||His nude pose for a cricket photoshoot created a lot of controversy.|
|Favourite Cricketer||Batsman: Viv Richards, Chris Gayle, Virat Kohli, Mike Hussey, Steve Waugh, Mark Waugh and Brian Lara
Bowler: Glenn Mcgrath and Brett Lee
|Favourite Food||Rajasthani lamb dish, roasted chicken and pizza|
|Favourite Actor||Russell Crowe
|Favourite Actress||Jacinta Stapleton|
|Favourite Destination||Maldives, Jaipur and Kenya|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Children||Daughters- Matilda Victoria Watson
Son- William Watson
|Net Worth||$40 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shane Watson
- Does Shane Watson smoke?: No
- Does Shane Watson drink alcohol?: Yes
- Watson is counted among the best All-rounder Australia has ever produced.
- Though he is a Queenslander, he initially played domestic cricket in Australia for Tasmania.
- His first Test wicket was Younis Khan.
- He has won the Allan Border medal twice.
- The opening batting pair of him and Simon Katich in Test matches averaged 54.39 together.
- In 2014, he was Australia’s highest paid cricketer.
- He had a nightmare of a batting period while facing Pakistan’s Wahab Riaz in the 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup quarter-final at Adelaide.
- In 2006, during the ICC Champions Trophy in India, his stomach pain (gastritis) was misunderstood by a heart-attack.
- He loves listening to Sweet child o’ mine by Guns N’ Roses before batting, and Battle scars by Guy Sebastian before bowling.
- Due to his back injury just before the 2003 ICC World Cup, he was replaced by Ian Harvey.
- He has 2 pet dogs: Bobbi and Clappo.
- He was the most expensive player in the 2016 IPL action as he was grabbed by Royal Challengers Bangalore for 9.5 Crore (INR) or $1.98m.
- During the 2008 Border-Gavaskar 3rd Test at Kotla, Delhi, he had a fight with Gautam Gambhir.
- In 2019, during a Big Bash League match, where Shane was representing Sydney Thunder, his son walks from the pavilion to the ground to take his father’s autograph.
— KFC Big Bash League (@BBL) January 13, 2019
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography