|Real Name||Shayara Bano|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
|Age (as in 2017)||35 Years|
|Birth Place||Haldwani, Uttarakhand|
|Educational Qualification||Post Graduate in Sociology|
|Family||Father- Iqbal Ahmed
Mother- Feroza Begum
|Controversy||She was visiting her parents in October 2015 when her husband, Rizwan Ahmed, sent her a letter, a divorce letter. The word 'talaq' was written thrice in it. She had to leave her children to her husband after the divorce. Bano consulted the local clerics about the matter, who told her that the divorce, as allowed in Islam, was valid. The situation deteriorated her mentally. She then filed a petition in the Supreme Court urging to impose a ban on 'instantaneous triple talaq,' polygamy, and nikah halala.|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband/Spouse||Rizwan Ahmed (Property Dealer)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shayara Bano
- Soon after she got married to Rizwan Ahmed of Uttar Pradesh, a property dealer by profession, in 2002, her in-laws began to demand more money and a car. She would always be threatened by her husband for the divorce whenever he finds some fault in her.
- She was not even allowed to attend her sister’s marriage, and never got to visit her, even when she was in the same city.
- Bano alleged her in-laws stating that she underwent six abortions under their pressure. She said, their intention was to kill her.
- After her husband sent her a note which contained the word ‘talaq’ written thrice in it, when she visited her parents in October 2015, she filed a petition in the Supreme Court to impose a ban on instantaneous triple talaq, polygamy, and nikah halala.
- Her husband took away both their kids with him after getting divorced. All this situation forced her to the depression. She later had to get treated for the same and some other ailments.
- In late August 2017, the Supreme Court of India gave its final go on the case that was under the watch of the whole nation. The 5-judge bench, which included J. S. Khehar, the then Chief Justice of India, in its 3:2 verdict ruled the centuries-old practice to be violative of Article 14 and 21 of the Indian Constitution, and that the triple talaq was against the basic tenets of Quran.
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡