Some Lesser Known Facts About Shehzad Roy
- Does Shehzad Roy smoke?: Not Known
- Does Shehzad Roy drink alcohol?: Not Known
- His father, a businessman, always wanted to be a cricketer but was never allowed to pursue his choice.
- According to him, the love in his mind for music grew because of his father. He learnt to play The Guitar by studying the videos his father presented to him, and it had become a part of Shehzad’s life by the time he graduated from high school.
- His singles began pouring into the market when he was in the second year of graduation, and his first album, ‘Zindagi,’ came out in 1995, when Shehzad was just 18.
- Shehzad founded a non-government, non-profit organization, ‘Zindagi Trust,’ in 2002. The trust works for the betterment of education for the underprivileged section of Pakistan.
- The government of Pakistan honoured him with their fourth highest civilian award, Tamgha-e-Imtiaz, in 2004. He is one of the youngest Pakistanis to have received the accolade.
- The fact that he did so much for the humanitarian aid earned him the prestigious Sitara-i-Imtiaz, which is Pakistan’s third highest civilian award, in 2005.
- In recognition to the aid his organization provided to the victims of 2005 Earthquake in Kashmir, he was honoured with the Sitara-i-Eisaar, in 2006.
- Along with six others, he was selected to be a torch bearer at the 2008 Beijing Olympics Torch Relay.
- His transformation from a singer of romantic songs came in 2008 with the sixth album ‘Qismat Apne Haath Mein,’ songs of which reflected the social issues. The first music video of ‘Laga Reh’ depicted the situation of the nation.
- In 2009, he was awarded the ‘Patricia Blunt Koldyke Fellowship on Social Entrepreneurship’ honour to recognize his efforts for the nourishment of education for average kids, by the Chicago Council on Global Affairs.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)