|Profession(s)||Singer, Songwriter, Musician|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Debut||EP (Extended Play): Raat Raazi (2013)
Full-Length Album: In Tokens & Charms (2015)
Bollywood: 'Kho Gaye Hum Kahan' from the film "Baar Baar Dekho" (2016)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Indian Indie Album of the Year 2019 by iTunes and Spotify: Top Indian Indie Hits for the album, "Cold/Mess"
• Radio City Freedom Awards - Best Pop Artist in 2018
• MTV Europe Music Awards (EMA) - Best India Act in 2016
• Indie Album of the Year 2015 by iTunes for the album "In Tokens & Charms"
|Date of Birth||23 March 1990 (Friday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||29 Years|
|School||Maharaja Sawai Man Singh Vidyalaya, Jaipur|
|College/University||New York University's College of Arts & Science|
|Educational Qualification||Double Major in Mathematics and Economics|
|Hobbies||Doing Photography, Writing, Reading Poems and Novels|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Niharika Thakur (Doctor)
|Parents||Father- Name not known (Lawyer)
Mother- Name not known (Teacher)
|Singer(s)||Lucky Ali, Elliott Smith|
|Poet(s)||Gulzar, Javed Akhtar, Amrita Pritam|
|Poem||"Do not go gentle into that good night" by Dylan Thomas|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Prateek Kuhad
- Prateek Kuhad grew up listening to the Bollywood songs on TV and Radio. He also listened to his parent’s favourite artists- Harry Belafonte and Cliff Richards, also listened to his sister’s favourite bands Pink Floyd, Nirvana, and Pearl Jam. All of them instilled the music interest in him.
- At the age of 16, Kuhad started learning the guitar but left it after a short time. He also had a band and was writing songs but only for the fun; as he didn’t have a plan on pursuing music as his career.
- After completing his schooling, he went to New York for further studies. There, he was introduced to the American singer-songwriter, Elliott Smith, who inspired him. He also started listening to Indian Folk Music, which influenced his music and songwriting.
- After completing his college, he worked as an Economic Consultant in New York. After working there for four to five months, he realized that he did not want to do the job for the rest of his life. He returned to India in 2013 and started to work on his music.
- Prateek is an independent musician and also writes for advertisements and films. He makes both Hindi and English songs.
- He has given performances in the world tours across India, and internationally, in the countries like Canada and the United States.
- He has also performed at South by Southwest’s Music Festival alongside the artists like Alt-J and Mike Posner.
- He has appeared on the cover page of many magazines including GQ and Hindustan Times Brunch.
- In 2019, Barack Obama posted his favourite music of 2019 on his social media account, which included Prateek’s album “Cold/Mess.” Sharing his feelings, Prateek, on his Instagram account, wrote-
This just happened and I don’t think I’ll sleep tonight. Totally flipping out. I have no idea how cold/mess even reached him but thank you @barackobama, thank you universe 🙂 I didn’t think 2019 could’ve gotten better, but damn was I wrong. What an honour.”