Some Lesser Known Facts About Sheila Dikshit
- Does Sheila Dikshit smoke?: No
- Does Sheila Dikshit drink alcohol?: No
- Dikshit started her career in the early 1970s by becoming the Chairperson of Young Women’s Association.
- Before joining politics, she also worked as an executive secretary for Garment Exporters’ Association.
- Though, she belongs to a Khatri family (Kapoor), but she did an inter-caste marriage with Vinod Dikshit, who was from a Brahmin family and was the son of Late Uma Shankar Dikshit, a renowned freedom fighter and former union cabinet minister.
- In 1990, she and her 82 supporters were jailed for 23 days by the state government when she protested against the violence on women.
- She considers Sonia Gandhi as her inspiration.
- Her office house in the Motilal Nehru Marg, Delhi was famous for its fruit bats and semal (red silk-cotton) trees.
- After losing the Chief Minister seat, the then UPA government appointed her the Governor of Kerala on 11 March 2014, but under the pressure of NDA government, she resigned from the post on 25 August 2014.
- Though, she had ups-and downs during her 15 years tenure as the CM of Delhi, but she gained immense respect for her quality of work, development oriented and statesmanlike approach and easy availability.
- Earlier, she resides in her Feroz Shah Marg 3-bedroom apartment in a multi-storeyed complex with elevators.
- She loves reading the writings of Osho, a spiritual guru.
- In July 2016, she was chosen as Congress’ Chief Minister Candidate for Uttar Pradesh Legislative elections in 2017.
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡