Hometown: Patna, Bihar
Age: 52 Years
Wife: Taranpreet Kaur
|Real Name||Daler Mehndi
|Nickname(s)||Sardar of Swing, King of Bhangra, Indian King of Pop|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Politician|
|Political Party||Indian National Party (INC); 2013-2019
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP); 2019-present
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 90 kg
in Pounds- 198 lbs
|Date of Birth||18 August 1967|
|Age (as in 2019)||52 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Debut||Album- Bolo Ta Ra Ra (1995)
Film- "Na Na Na Na Na Re" song in the film Mrityudatta (1997, as a singer)
|Family||Father- Late Ajmer Singh Chandan (Musician ,Farmer)
Mother- Balbir Kaur (State level wrestler)
Brothers- Mika Singh (Younger), Shamsher Mehndi (Elder), 3 more
|Controversies||• In 2003, he was accused in an illegal immigration scandal (human trafficking), surfaced at Patiala as directed by the Delhi High Court.
• An Indian Islamic group, Raza Academy took him to court over some of the lyrics and the video of his album Nabi Buba Nabi to be offensive. After which, few words were changed, and references to "prophet" were also removed.
• On 16 March 2018, he was convicted in the illegal immigration case of 2003, and was sentenced to 2-years jail by Patiala Court. He was however granted bail, minutes after he was sentenced.
|Favourite Actor||Anil Kapoor|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Ghulam Ali, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Children||Daughter- Gurdeep Mehndi
Son- Ajit Kaur Mehndi, Prabhjot Kaur Mehndi and Rabaab Kaur Mehndi
- Does Daler Mehndi smoke?: Not Known
- Does Daler Mehndi drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Daler started singing at age 6 and was taught the ragas and Shabads from the Guru Granth Sahib by his parents.
- He gave his first stage performance in front of 20,000 people at the age of 13 in Jaunpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- When he reached the age of 14, he spent 3 years on improving his voice and learning musical instruments such as Tabla, Dholak, Harmonium, and Tanpura from Late Ustad Raahat Ali Khan Saheb of Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- Later, he moved to San Francisco, USA and started working as a cab driver.
- In 1991, he returned to India and formed a music band, under which he initially sang ghazals inspired by poets such as Qateel Shifai and Firaq Gorakhpuri.
- In 1995, he switched from classical to pop music, the same year his debut album Bolo Ta Ra Ra, which was a mega hit with more than 20 million copies sold.