|Famous For||Being the first American of Indian origin and first Asian to be crowned Miss World America 2021|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-34|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||6 January 1996 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||25 Years|
|Hometown||Moses Lake, Washington|
|College/University||• Harvard University
• Yale School of Drama
• Stanford University
• University of Washington
|Educational Qualification(s) The Spokesman||• Studied Non-profit management course at Harvard University
• Studied Acting at the Yale School of Drama
• Studied Social entrepreneurship at Stanford University
• Studied Journalism at the University of Washington
Note: All these are non-degree courses.
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Sanjay Saini
Mother- Ekta Saini
Maternal Grandmother- Vijay Luxmi (a retired school teacher) Maternal Grandfather- TR Sachdeva (farmer in Abohar)
|Siblings||Brother- Shahrose Saini (Younger)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shree Saini
- Shree Saini is an American model of Indian origin who won the title ‘Miss World America 2021’ and became the first Indian origin and Asian woman to clinch the title. She is also a motivational speaker and a health activist.
- She has been living in America since the age of five. At a young age, Shree Saini was enrolled in dance classes by her parents.
- At the age of 12, she was diagnosed with a rare heart disorder in which her heart would beat 20 times in a minute, whereas in a normal person, it beats 70 times per minute. Consequently, she underwent heart surgery with a permanent pacemaker to normalise her heartbeat. Soon, she also refrained from taking regular dance classes as suggested by her doctors.
In a conversation with The Spokesman, Shree Saini revealed that after her heart surgery at the age of 12, she was told not to participate in sports and dance by the doctors. She said,
My cardiologist at Sacred Heart saved my life. That was a huge turning point for me. I was told that I couldn’t dance or play sports, and it felt like my life just stopped. I thought I would have to live on a machine. But I wasn’t going to let that adversity stop me.”
- When Shree Saini was 15 years old, her mother fell seriously ill and was put on life support. Shree suffered a lot of mental pain while watching her mother in physical pain. At the age of fifteen, Shree Saini started working voluntarily for the NGOs to help those who suffer mental and emotional ailments.
- At the age of 19, Shree Saini met with a serious car accident in which she suffered severe facial burns and bruising. After the treatment, doctors advised her to take the rest for a year; however, while showing great willpower, she bounced back stronger and recovered within a month.
- Shree Saini is a trained ballerina dancer and often goes to The Joffrey Ballet for dance training.
- Since the age of 12, she has been writing articles on mental well being. Her life experiences motivated Shree Saini to devote her time to spread awareness about mental and emotional health. Her work has been recognised by UNICEF, Doctors without Borders, Breast Cancer Foundation – Susan G Komen, and many other renowned health organisations. Reportedly, Shree Saini is invited by 100s of cities, 30 states and 8 countries for delivering motivational speeches. In a press conference, she revealed her work as a volunteer with various charitable foundations. She said,
I’ve spoken at at least 70 events. I work with nonprofits. What’s so close with me is working with the American Heart Association. I speak about heart health.”
- Shree is a good public speaker. She often delivers motivational speeches related to depression and other mental ailments at various public platforms and events.
- Shree Saini won the Miss India USA title in 2017.
- In 2018, Shree Saini won the Miss India Worldwide title.
- During the Miss World America 2019 competition, Shree Saini left the competition midway due to her medical emergency. During the competition, she won other titles such as Beauty with a Purpose, Service Award National Winner, Top Influencer National Winner, Entrepreneurship Challenge National Winner, People’s Choice National Winner, Top Model 1st Runner Up, and Talent 1st Runner Up. She was honoured with the title Miss World Washington in 2019.
- In 2019, Shree Saini’s health deteriorated a night before the final competition of Miss World America.
- Several Indian newspapers often cover the success and life story of Shree Saini.
- In 2020, amid the Covid-19 pandemic, Shree Saini donated 300 homemade masks and food to military families in the United States of America.
- Shree Saini has often been invited by American news channels for her motivational interviews.
- Various renowned Indian magazines and tabloids often feature Shree Saini on their cover page.
- Shree Saini is a compassionate animal lover. The name of her pet dog is Charlie. She often shares pictures of her pet dog on her social media account.
- In Miss World America 2020 competition, Shree Saini won the titles such as Miss World America’s Beauty with a Purpose National Ambassador, Top Influencer National Winner, People’s Choice National Winner, Talent Audience Choice National Award, and Beauty with a Purpose Winner. Shree was also a recipient of the ‘World Peace Messenger’ award from Passion Vista in 2020.
- On 3 October 2021, Shree Saini was chosen as Miss World America. Diana Hayden crowned Shree Saini at the event. The event was held at Miss World America headquarters in Los Angeles.
- Soon after winning the title Miss World America on 3 October 2021, Shree Saini expressed her emotions in a press conference. She narrated,
I am happy and quite nervous. I can’t express my feelings (in words). All the credit goes to my parents, especially my mother because of whose support I am here. Thank you Miss World America for this honour.”
- On her official website, Shree Saini has mentioned that she has been working since the age of 15 with over a hundred non-profit ventures that work for the heart and emotional health. Shree Saini added that she wanted to become Miss World since the age of six when she was dressed up like a Miss World in a school event. She wrote,
This is a win for hard work. I’ve worked so so hard for this moment. I have lovingly and with great humility served over 100 nonprofits focusing on “Heart and Emotional Health”. I am grateful for the Miss World organization for planting the seed of service in my heart when I was very young. I was just 6 years old when I dressed up as “Miss World” in my school event.”