Hometown: Hyogo, Japan
Net Worth: $990 Million
|Famous For||Surging towards becoming a billionaire|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Age (as in 2020)||43 Years|
|College/University||The Saga University of Japan (2000)|
|Educational Qualification||A degree in Computer Programming|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$990 million (2020)Fortune.com|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shunji Sugaya
- Shunji became fascinated with computers and programming at a tender age. In his school days, he would develop gaming applications and sell them to his companions for a few hundred Yens.
- As time progressed, his interest in programming strengthened, to give wings to his dreams, he graduated from the Saga University of Japan in 2000, where he acquired more knowledge in the field of about computer programming.
- In March 2000, Sugaya won an award at a business contest where the founder of SoftBank Corporation., Masayoshi Son, was a judge. Later, Shunji sent Masayoshi an email to express gratitude, the two met up, and SoftBank proposed to buy Sugaya’s idea for $2.8 million or for Sugaya to join the organisation and get stock options. But, Sugaya turned it down politely. Sugaya considers this deal as a “life-changing episode.”
- The same year, after declining the offer of Softbank, he decided to start his own company under the name “Optim.” The company now provides platforms for business-management applying artificial-intelligence and internet-of-things technologies. It has its headquarters in Japan with 208 employees working in it, in 2020.
- Now in 2020, at 43 years of age, his commitment bore fruits. Evidently, due to surging digitalisation in the wake of COVID-19, Optim’s shares gained 79 percent in 2020 after rising by 7.9 percent on June 10. After this, the net worth of Shunji escalated to $990 million as he owns 64% stakes in Optim Corporation.
- Optim also makes agricultural drones equipped with Artificial intelligence-based capabilities of image analysis. They can identify spots where damage is being done by insects and pests and spray agricultural chemicals only on those affected areas, thus, reducing labour and the volume of chemicals used.
- Shunji is also the Co-Founder of Newelse Inc, creator of Wishfeed, a smartphone application that allows users to find and purchase clothes. It was started in 2014.
References/Sources: [ + ]