Hometown: Ludhiana, Punjab
Age: 34 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ajay Pal Sharma
- Ajay Pal Sharma is an IPS Officer from the Uttar Pradesh Cadre of 2011. He is known for his clean image and bold decisions. He often tries ways to make the police efficient and often conducts surprise checks on police officers. This has made him quite popular on social media.
- Sharma was a dentist before he joined the civil services.
- In November 2008, he decided to quit dentistry and be a civil servant.
- He had joined a coaching institute in Chandigarh, but, he returned home in Ludhiana to study by himself; as he did not find the coaching of much use.
- He cleared the civil services written exam in 2009, but he was rejected after his interview.
- In the same year, Ajay attempted the exam again, and he passed with an AIR (All India Rank) of 160.
- He was selected as an IPS officer in 2011.
- Throughout the years, he has served in many places such as Shamli, Ghaziabad, Noida, Hathras, Rampur, and many more.
- Ajay has earned a reputation as an “Encounter Man“. In his 9 years of service, he has more than 30 encounters to his name.
- He is known for his bold decisions and quick actions. He has taken several steps during his past postings to increase the efficiency of the police. He has also introduced a grading system which helps in increasing the quality of work in police stations.
- During all his postings, reportedly, he met around 150-200 people of his area daily. Ajay interacts and discusses their problems. He believes that people should trust and know the police or the people would not come forward and help them.
- In 2018, he was felicitated by the Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath, for his exemplary work.